An album for Dollars

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by merrill01, Mar 4, 2015.

1. merrill01

merrill01 Member

Does anyone know of an album to hold Dollars?
    I have a set of Peace Dollars and have been looking for an album that will hold them. My problem with Dansco albums is that the coins fall out. I have contacted Dansco on this an their answer is that they have never heard of this problem. I like albums because it allows me to look at my set in book fashion. I think this could be solved if the albums were made of more modern materials. Like plastic holders to hold the coins instead of cardboard, and perhaps stronger plastic slides that hold the coins. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem and how they fixed it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

It's impossible for coins to fall out of a Dansco album. I postulate that it is user error.

4. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

Either you album is damaged or you're using it wrong. Do you have a photo to show us the problem?

5. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

I agree, there is no way for the coins to fall out of a Dansco, I have several and they work fine.

6. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

are you putting the plastic inserts on both sides of the coin on each page?? if so, the coin cannot fall out.

7. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

Having coins fall out of a Dansco seems rather odd, but if you don't place them in snugly then they might be set into their holes at an odd angle and incompletely so that they fall out. However, in such a case you could not use the protective (and sometimes harmful) plastic slides over the holes. Alternatively, you may have a damaged album or, and this would be really bad, some counterfeit pieces that were not made to the same diameter as real coins.

Images would be of great help. Good luck.

8. enochian

enochian silver eater

you can buy a blank dansco and fill it with blank pages of different sides

Draft saved Draft deleted