An actual no date buffalo nickel

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Sumzmommy, Oct 21, 2018.

?

Is this a coin worth having graded?

1. Yes

13.8%
  2. No

86.2%
  1. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

The people voting yes in the poll are probably trolling to get the OP to waste her money.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

One should go with the odds.

5. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Good advice, especially when buying $1.6 Billion Mega Millions tickets

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

If you want to get it graded, save $ and read the above posts

7. Collecting Nut

I hear that. Each dollar I don't spend on a get rich quick scheme is another dollar I have to support my hobby. The odds are astronomical.

8. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Alas, I've already bought tickets. And I've had a number of statistics courses in the past and actually know how the odds are calculated. Go figure

9. Collecting Nut

You can't win if you don't play but the odds are like rolling a Die and getting a 1 eleven straight times. Best wishes.

10. Larry E

Larry E Well-Known Member

Well worn you can see the 2&5 the 5 real good

11. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

True, but the odds of winning are MUCH MUCH greater if you buy a ticket than if you don't. :)

12. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

State Lottery = A tax on the naieve.

You have a bettter chance of being eaten by a shark in the middle of a desert during a solar eclipse at 11:11 on November 11th after being struck by lightning once you received a military draft notice than you do winning the lottery

coin roll likes this.
  13. CoinCorgi

So you might as well buy a lottery ticket. Much better outcome. :p

Kentucky and JCro57 like this.
  14. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

So you're saying there's a chance? Lol

Spark1951, JCro57 and CoinCorgi like this.
  15. CoinCorgi

If I win I'll buy all TPG slabs and crack 'em open. Rid the earth of their scourge.

Oldhoopster likes this.
  16. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

So at 11:11am on Nov. 11 you are standing in the Mojave Desert outside Barstow, CA,
    when a Western Union motorcycle delivery man hands you a telegram informing you of your being drafted into the Marines,
    then at that moment of maximum solar eclipse, you get hit with a lightning bolt that cooks you to medium-rare,
    then a great white shark slithers out of a dry arroyo and eats you all up, with extra gravy (I made that last part up, we all know sharks don't like gravy).

Sounds perfectly plausible.

Spark

17. Sumzmommy

Sumzmommy I'm always looking for the next burried treasure

Here are a few coins that I'm hoping are error coins that are worth something. IMG_20180926_182512.jpg this dime is messed up looks like the letters got smushed while it was still wet.
    IMG_20180926_182645.jpg IMG_20181025_223220577.jpg missing the date its 199? 20180915_171008.jpg this dime goes up higher on one side 20180923_021127.jpg see on the left side there's another letter stamped above the word liberty 20180923_021232.jpg

Attached Files:

18. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

All except the 1991 D dime are just damaged, the dime was struck with slightly mis aligned dies. This is quite common and carries no extra value.

19. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

Agree damage or environmental damage to all and dime is MAD.

Look, the last coin is over 75 years old and environmentally damaged; zinc-plated steel and showing signs of corrosion and rust. The spot above LIBERTY is zinc rot.

The red Lincoln, 19XX, was struck with a hammer, flattening the face, date and rim.

I hope this info helps you identify future finds that are damaged and not mint errors. The dime has MAD but is a machine/die-alignment "strike" error, and as l.cutler pointed out, is very common and not valuable...Spark

20. jfreakofkorn

jfreakofkorn Well-Known Member

that buffalo clearly has been through some pocket(s) ....

21. Sabrina Gillespie

Sabrina Gillespie New Member

I have a no date Indian buffalo nickel with e on it and would like the value of it?

Draft saved Draft deleted