American Women Quarters - Actress Anna May Wong

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by willieboyd2, May 27, 2022.

1. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

This month the Turner Classic Movies (TCM) cable channel has been showing films starring Chinese-American actress Anna May Wong.

Before showing the 1949 film "Impact" Turner's host Ben Mankiewicz gave a short biography of the actress and noted that:
    "This year, Wong will appear on the face of the quarter as part of a special collection from the U.S. Mint honoring five pioneering women who changed American history".

Anna May Wong's quarter is part of the 2022 American Women Quarters Program and her coin is scheduled to be issued in October 2022.

The CoinNews.Net site has an article about the coins with a drawing of the Anna May Wong quarter:
    https://www.coinnews.net/2022/01/28/2022-american-women-quarter-images-and-release-dates

Anna May Wong's last film appearance was in the 1960 film "Portrait in Black".

[​IMG]
    "Portrait in Black" - Anna May Wong and friend

:)

spirityoda, Rich Buck, MIGuy and 5 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

I think her quarter is beautifully designed, though the Angelou and Mankiller are the highlights of this handsome set in my view. These are mine.
    wquarts1.png wquarts2.png

spirityoda and Rich Buck like this.
  4. Rich Buck

Rich Buck Yukon Cornelius

I love the portrait of Washington better than the one chosen for 1932. The bust too was designed by a woman.

MIGuy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted