American Memorial Park quarters

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by David Post, May 26, 2019.

1. David Post

David Post Good times

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. happy_collector

happy_collector Well-Known Member

Nice shiny quarter. They are starting to come out. I got 2 last week from a vending machine, but they are D only.

4. WildWest

WildWest Obsessive Compulsive Disarry

So far I’ve found almost a roll just from getting change back the last month. They have all been in Unc condition as well. Every one has been from a roll from a register being opened for change.

5. Robert91791

Robert91791 Well-Known Member

6. Robert91791

They are all circulated unless they are in OGP (original govt package) unopened.

7. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

They are not circulated unless you consider circulated to mean any opened roll. These did not come in OGP.

8. Robert91791

Then they are circulated.

9. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

So then the new definition of circulated is any coin that has entered the stream of commerce or otherwise moved from the roll wrapping facility. We should call Merriam Webster and the TPG''s so they can institute change and correct the pop reports.

10. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

My understanding of uncirculated is based on wear and overall condition. If a coin goes from the roll to the hand of another without showing actual signs of wear then it is no way to say it is circulated unless we adopt a strict definition of circulated. That's not how things work in the field of numismatics. I don't understand your position on unc vs circulated.

11. Robert91791

Mariana2019.jpg

These are uncirculated. Directly from the Mint and never made it to circulation. All rolls and bags that I have purchase are never opened. All will be handed down to the kids.

12. iontyre

iontyre Active Member

That's nice Robert, but Uncirculated is in fact a wear condition - if the coin shows no wear despite changing hands it is still considered uncirculated, or mint state.

WildWest likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted