american liberty medal

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kaosleeroy108, Aug 29, 2016.

1. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

aside from the 2016 american silver eagle with the nice inclusive writing on the rim the only other thing i want to purchase is the american liberty medals , now i missed the chance to buy them at the mint so i checked the secondary market and the prices are 250++, so i had the $$$ and got a set for 260...... now i think about it i severely over paid..!!! ypu ever buy something and be like darn it i should not have,,,,,!!!??

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I've been there and done that. The trick is to not let your emotions rule you. I missed out on this issue too. I refuse to pay that kind of money. I'll wait a few years, and if they come down, I'll buy one. If not, well, yoddy ho then.

4. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

i think since the extremely extremely loww mintage they may be at a fixed price

5. green18

Possibly. Whatever happens happens, but they are not tied to the ASE series. I'd be real #issed if I missed out on an ASE.

Yankee42 likes this.
  6. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

Ken is right. I got in on this feeding frenzy but there were times when I was in a meeting at noon on Tuesday and missed out. Oh well.

green18 likes this.
  7. green18

I just plumb, flat out forgot that they were going on sale. Ya snooze, ya loose, as Bob Chambers used to say. Although, you'd always lose if ya bought from that guy..........

8. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

True... I was all set to buy one of each when a friend asked if I was nuts. Since it is not a coin I must admit that I totally underestimated the interest. I heeded his advice and bought the max.

green18 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted