American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by DonDurbin, Nov 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Old adage from the stock market: sell when you CAN, not when you HAVE TO. :D

jwitten and Santinidollar like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GoldFinger1969

Who is MM and why does he have 1,000 ?

Guy should be prosecuted for violating the Sherman Anti-Trust Act !! :mad:

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  4. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

MM = Mike Meezak. HSN, and infomercial coin dude.
    AKA snake oil salesman.
    He no doubt had paid people order for him, and also bought them in the aftermarket.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  5. GoldFinger1969

EBAY RESTRICTIONS: It appears that there may be phony bidding going on....I wanted to place a bid on a low-priced coin and Ebay wants call verification:

To ensure eBay remains a safe marketplace, we want to validate your identity before you purchase this item. Thank you for your understanding.

Please follow the directions below to continue:
    1. Receive an automated call at the phone number we have on file for you.
    2. Remember the PIN (Personal Identification Number) you receive during the call.
    3. Submit the PIN number to complete verification.
    4. Click on “Item I last looked at” to make your purchase.

6. GoldFinger1969

FYI LATEST PRICES.....Raw Unopened from Mint just sold for $1,500, about $250 over what Raw Opened without Packaging commands.......PF69's about $1,300 and PF70's just under $2,000.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-S-Ame...299590?hash=item3419cf0f06:g:WJoAAOSwATdd3-Gv

If you have the COA and some other distinguishing early-bird junk, the price may pass $2K. I see lots of offers for stuff not getting BIN activity or bids when the price is $2,500 or higher.

7. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Ohhhh. You offendeth her. Tsk, tsk.

8. Santinidollar

Maybe I can trade the Liberty gold double eagle that just arrived for one of the ASEs.

Yeah, sure.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  9. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

How could you be enrolled to purchase something they hadn't decided to make yet? It was a product that didn't exist and may not have even been planed for when you enrolled. Also you can't enroll for low limited mintage items. They made that mistake with the First Spouse coins. The first one was greatly sold out by subscription weeks before it was to be offered for sale. So they cancelled all the subscriptions and made it a "good luck, crash the website" item. And it did.

10. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

I've never before encountered such poor customer service as with the US Mint. In fact, it should be called No Service or Hostile Service. Screenshot_2019-12-03-19-59-10-1.png

11. GoldFinger1969

12. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

Several inaccuracies in that article. The 2006 20th Anniv set didn't sell out in 2 weeks, it was more like 2 1/2 months.

I'd be more concerned with the spotting issues which plague the ASE series than the NGC census.

GoldFinger1969 and baseball21 like this.
  13. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed: And it sold new for only $69.95?!?! Holy ****

14. Santinidollar

Amazing, ain’t it?

charlietig likes this.
  15. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Yeah and too bad I didn't get one or two for myself lol

16. Joe98

Joe98 New Member

I got one and didnt open it yet, thinking of having it graded. Is it worth it? I might flip this

17. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

I'd call it cheap fun, I'd send it in.

18. Joe98

Joe98 New Member

how much for it to be graded and which company to use? Can I trust them? I have no experience with coin collecting...lol

19. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

I sent mine into ngc and it came back PF70. I really like this coin but to think I could trade it for a really nice 1916 D Mercury has me thinking.

-jeffB and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  20. Joe98

Joe98 New Member

How much did it cost you? Im not a member

21. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

I think as a non member and doing express all said and done it will cost like $150 or so.
    If you do it, do it express though you'd want to get it tree and back quick to sell it as soon as possible for the highest return.

I think you could get upwards of $3k for PR70 but as more are graded reality is going to hit buyers and prices are gonna come down I think.
    Membership will cost you $25 with ngc or $65 for PCGS for a year.

If you are gonna do it, do it fast and get it sold for the most profit. I'm not sure it's gonna stay up there like it is much past christmas as more and more get graded.

I don't see it being worth less than $300 though. Probably twice that so I think gambling on the grading is likely a good investment if you intend to try to sell it for the most you can. Currently PR 70 is roughly double ungraded or PR69 prices.

As always your decision. I can't decide what to do here either. Lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.