American Banknote Company

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Lather, Feb 24, 2010.

1. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

I suspect you post primarily on the coin forums. You may not be aware, but this thread is posted on a subform entirely devoted to paper money. https://www.cointalk.com/forums/paper-money/

Do a search for "short snorter" and I think you'll find quite a number of related topics.

Barbermania likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

If you want to start another one, up at the top of this thread is "Home>Forums>Coin Forums> Paper money,
    click on the Paper money and it gives you a list of all threads in paper money. Then if you want to start an original thread, click "Post New Thread" in the blue box. Jim

4. Barbermania

Barbermania Active Member

I don't know much about these.

Attached Files:

5. Barbermania

I'm
    These are what you are wanting to see???

Attached Files:

6. Barbermania

Attached Files:

7. gsalexan

Keep in mind that Lather posted that when he first started this topic back in 2010. I'm not even sure he's still active.

But as to what we'd like to see -- anything by American Bank Note Company is fair game. But it would be better if you showed images of the full notes, front and back, rather than cropping them.

Edit: Looks like you have now. Thanks!

8. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

9. Barbermania

10. techwriter

stk_rdr_abnc_Wisconsin-Edison-Co_Feb1917.jpg stk_rdr-vig_abnc_Wisconsin-Edison-Co_Feb1917.jpg stk_rdr_abnc-vig_Wisconsin-Edison-Co_Feb1917.jpg

This one is a real winner for me:
    1. It's a RADAR number ( 212 )
    2. Vignette of older style power generators
    3. Has two Trains, left and right
    4. Printed by ABNCo

Barbermania and gsalexan like this.
  11. gsalexan

Les seems to be fixating on dynamos and heavy machinery, so I'll add a few more. Power companies sport some of the most attractive vignettes on stocks and bonds, imho. I think ABNC did a great job on these ...

Illinois Power & Light cu.jpg
    Illinois Power & Light.jpg
    Penn-Ohio Electric Co cu.jpg
    Penn-Ohio Electric Co.jpg
    No American Light & Power cu.jpg
    No American Light & Power.jpg

SteveInTampa likes this.
  12. techwriter

Since we're dealing with American Bank Note material, this seemed appropriate
    =====
    stk_abnc_ABNCo_certificate_May1963.jpg stk_abnc_ABNCo_certificate_vignette_May1963.jpg stk_abnc_ABNCo_certificate_seal_May1963.jpg

midas1 likes this.
  13. Barbermania

Hey bro I can't touch it you got me on that me those are some nice looking notes.

14. techwriter

Seems I forgot to finish my post about the Crompton and Knowles Loom Company;
    I must admit I have a real affinity for American industry, manufacturing, etc. The loom in this stock's vignette fits just perfectly. So, to finish my post:
    =================
    stk_loom_crompton-knowles-loom-works_Dec1926_abnc.jpg
    Now, that's a machine.
    History of the company:
    1. https://scripophily.net/cromknowloom.html
    2. http://www.encyclopedia.com/books/politics-and-business-magazines/crompton-knowles-corp
    3. https://web.wpi.edu/Images/CMS/Library/MS20_Crompton_Knowles.PDF

15. gsalexan

Nice ABN Co. stock certificate! I still need to get that version. Here's the older style stock. If the eagle looks familiar it's because of my avatar. :D

American Bank Note stock.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted