American Bank Note’s silver plates

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by gsalexan, May 29, 2014.

1. krispy

krispy krispy

No worries. I'll have a look today.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bob J

Bob J Member

What would a complete set be worth? I've seen pics of a set an will be meeting them tomorrow to look in person at them.

4. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

Sadly, these rarely bring much above bullion value when I see them on eBay. There just doesn't seem to be much additional value attached to the engraved prints. There is roughly 5 oz of pure silver per plate, so about $88 x 6 = $528 at today's spot price. At the moment $550 for the set would be a reasonable price.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    midas1 likes this.
  5. Thedisneyking

Thedisneyking New Member

We are trying to find out about a bank note plate with number 1 serial 2328. Can you help?

6. Thedisneyking

Thedisneyking New Member

We have one of these silver bank notes Number 1 with serial number 2328. Can you tell us anything about it?

7. Thedisneyking

Thedisneyking New Member

We have the $100

8. Thedisneyking

Thedisneyking New Member

It is $100 note.

9. gsalexan

I gather you have the $100 Liberty Bank silver note. ;) I'm not sure what exactly you would like to know; if you read what I wrote earlier in the thread that's about all the info I have. I personally own serial #2328 of the Omaha & Chicago Bank set (#3). That's one of the highest serial numbers I've seen, so my guess is they probably didn't sell more than 2500 of this product. Bullion value of a single silver plate is about $72 right now.

10. QUANTUMDAVE

QUANTUMDAVE New Member

Gentlemen - just got one of the Washington plates with Full documentation and paper print from e-bay for almost melt value as well - and thats at 14 an ounce!! LOVE these low silver prices and the absolute gullibility of most of the Americam public. they just do NOT knoe what they have. this is a BEAUTIFUL piece

midas1 and gsalexan like this.
  11. gsalexan

Thank you for rescuing another one from the smelter! They really are an attractive set -- I hope you can pick up some of the others.

12. coinfinder111

coinfinder111 New Member

about how much is the #4 commercial bank of Wilmington one worth. i have one but can not find price anywhere.

13. gsalexan

All individual pieces from the set are equal in price. These seem to be selling for about $150 on ebay -- just a little over silver melt value.

coinfinder111 likes this.
  14. coinfinder111

coinfinder111 New Member

ok thank you so much.

15. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

I googled them & price but none available came up. If you see any for sale please let us know.

16. gsalexan

17. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Thanks for the link. I bought the $100 Navy Liberty Note.
    $16.34 total over spot on 5.5oz silver. I'm OK w/ that. Very nice presentation.

I remember seeing these silver notes on CT some years ago. So much to purchase and so little time.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    gsalexan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted