America’s Founding Fathers 2013 Currency Set

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by johnny2dollar, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

But notice that unlike past editions, this one doesn't appear to contain any notes printed especially for the set. Last year's set had the $2 from the I..D block, not issued for circulation; this year's set sounds like both notes come from the circulation printings.

Dunno whether that'll affect demand much, though. I doubt it's block collectors driving sales of a set like this....

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. johnny2dollar

johnny2dollar Collector of BEP $2 notes

Yeah. The 2009 series $2 are all from circulation. We'll see what happens with sales of these. I'm still going to order a set. I'm thinking there will be one or two other offerings this year. They will be with $2 notes from this block also.

4. johnny2dollar

I ordered a set with no trouble this morning. Was not like the congested website of the past.

5. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Yup ordered mine at 7:57 am ,now wondering what numbers I'll get.

SteveInTampa likes this.
  6. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Amazing.....I just checked my BEP order history, and it's this exact same time, 7:57 AM. Later on this month we can compare serial numbers.

Paddy54 likes this.
  7. Paddy54

Sounds like a plan Steve,funny thing I was in Georgetown DC this morning waiting for the site to go live. I could of went to the BEP not worth the hassle parking.

8. johnny2dollar

I'm not sure what time mine went through. I think it was right exactly at 8

9. Paddy54

These hit the post office today. I'm thinking should receive mine tomorrow . Any one know how many sold?

10. SteveInTampa

I believe they have less than 190 sets left.

11. Paddy54

How did you find that out Steve?

12. SteveInTampa

The BEP site for the Founding Fathers now offers quantity discounts from 50-999 sets. I started with adding 200 sets to my cart, and it gave me a message "Quantity out of Range", so I worked my way back to add 189 sets, and it finally added them to my cart......there are even less now.

13. Paddy54

OK gotcha smart :)

14. Paddy54

Mine came today as I thought it would...... 20150035 I just ordered 1 set. So I'm guessing if you ordered 10 at 7:57 you got lower numbers.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  15. johnny2dollar

You already got yours? That's pretty darn quick! I how I get mine tomorrow.

16. johnny2dollar

I was able to add 360 to my cart just now. I tried adding 20 more and got the out of range error. There must have been some canceled orders or something.

17. SteveInTampa

I just did the same....it took 365, but declined (Out of Range) 366.

18. Paddy54

Guy's I hate to say this but this morning I tried tried that and guess what every number I put in was out of range from 190 to 20 so that said it don't work. I tried several times logged on and off.

19. Paddy54

I live 30 miles from DC as the crow flies. I could of had one April 2 if I felt like dealing with the traffic and parking. I was in Georgetown when they went live.

20. SteveInTampa

Ended up with sets # 0002, 0003, and 0006.
    I'm guessing set # 0001 might have been spoken for, so they subbed it with the 0006.

21. Paddy54

Go figure ordered the same time here's mine.

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted