America’s Founding Fathers 2013 Currency Set

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by johnny2dollar, Mar 31, 2013.

1. johnny2dollar

johnny2dollar Collector of BEP $2 notes

It looks like the BEP is offering a 2013 set as a follow up of the 2012 set.

America’s Founding Fathers 2013 Currency Set

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

4. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

Is this set even worth picking up? What is the value of the 2012 set on the secondary market now?

5. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

No more BEP issues for me.

6. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

It's only a 700% premium and also has as its first four digits in the serial number 2013, which noone will really give a rat's behind about in 9 months. So, what's not to like?

Also, it will be worthless if and when financial armageddon arrives. All things considered, it looks like a screaming buy to me.

I wouldn't buy it from the BEP though. I would wait and get a graded set, so you can pay even more for it.

Finally, from a historical standpoint, Benjamin Franklin was one of the most important "founding fathers". They should have put a $100.00 bill in the set, just to make it interesting.

7. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

8. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

Thanks kookoox

9. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

You're welcome Mr. K!

10. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

First day of the sale this morning.

11. DM1

DM1 Active Member

I just ordered, right on the dot.

12. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

If the BEP is printing Series 2009 $2s - why are they placing 2003-A notes in the set?

13. johnny2dollar

I ordered, but not until about 10 after 8. :) I was a little slow.

14. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Boy, them BEP guys get up early for first day of offering. The US Mint let's us guys sleep in till 12PM........:devil:

15. DM1

DM1 Active Member

But I got to the coffee faster than johnny did:cool:

(Actually I'm always up at that time anyway...sometimes I wonder why)

16. DM1

DM1 Active Member

It looks like the notes in this set are from the same print runs as the ones in the 2012 set.

17. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I never understood why they don't pull SN from runs that they know collectors would like. Why not pull 0000000 star serial numbers from a run and include them in such sets, or randomly put in SN 1 or 99999999 into these offerings. They need to research baseball cards to learn how to make overpriced offerings sell. :)

Is it that hard? I am sure the BEP knows already what SN are especially coveted. Why not let the US and collectors profit instead of dealers who have "ins" with all of the bank tellers?

I know, I am on the paper money board. If I were in person I would probably have to fear a lynching for suggesting the BEP pull valuable SN from production runs. :(

18. johnny2dollar

I am at work. ;) got a lucky few minutes break to place my order

19. wishingman42

wishingman42 Member

I bought one around noon. Just too have one!

20. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Yep. Judging by the plate positions, the Minneapolis and Kansas City runs appear to have been numbered from 20112001 to 20144000. Which means we may even see another similar set *next* year with a 2003A $2 in it, though if we do it'll have to be limited to 4000 sets. (We also may see more "2013" products, to account for the other 5,000 Minneapolis notes and the 10,000 Kansas City notes that ought to exist.)

21. johnny2dollar

I'm hoping for a 2013 Single Note.

Draft saved Draft deleted