AMCC Wins + Wow :O

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Johndakerftw, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Johndakerftw

Johndakerftw Mr. Rogers is My Hero

Hey everyone,

How’s it going?

Other than a little bug, I’m doing great! I got my AMCC coins in, plus an awesome surprise!

First my wins. Sev’s pics are far superior to mine, so I’m going to use his. Fantastic pics are good, but holding them in hand is even better.

Here is my new friend, Alexander the Great:

952FB185-2985-4B0C-AAE6-60682CFBB126.jpeg

Next, is my new pet lion:

3468FB3B-A8AE-495F-8B60-D71B6B5E8005.jpeg

I’m so excited to add these to my collection. Besides my Biblical coin wish list, I have a few other general coins on there too. Both of these were on that list and now have moved over to the proud ‘owned’ list.:D

I had also bid on the Helena AE3, another on the general list. But, unfortunately, I lost.

I looked at the invoice and found this note that completely blew my mind:jawdrop::

293F5DFD-CAF1-4EA1-AE2D-ACB97C0B4CFF.jpeg

To the wonderful donor, thank you sooo much! I was very pleasantly surprised to see the note and the coin in with the others. I hope that you get something really awesome in turn for your generosity!!

So, without further ado, my other new friend, Helena:

9F81B189-129B-411C-828F-BB6DF7B5FFA4.jpeg

Again, a big thanks to @Severus Alexander, @Justin Lee and the anonymous donor for these sweet coins!

Feel free to post anything that’s completely random. :cool:

Erin

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Severus Alexander

Severus Alexander find me at NumisForums

I enjoyed mailing all the orders (I felt like Santa!), but I must say that packing this one up gave me particular pleasure. Congrats on the awesome haul! :D

4. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

Wonderful coins! And LOVE the portrait on your newly gifted Helena. Coingrats:D

Johndakerftw likes this.
  5. Justin Lee

Justin Lee I learn by doing

Great, Erin!! Congrats!! :joyful::D

I'd love to see a lil photo of your new pals and pet together in their new happy home! :p:bear::cat::rolleyes:

Johndakerftw likes this.
  6. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Woohoo! Yay AMCC Santas! Well-deserved.

I like the Miletos lion. Love those archaic punchmarks! Theirs had a nice design, too. Much more artistic than the quadripartite and "mill sail" punches, though I like those too.

Johndakerftw and Justin Lee like this.
  7. Ancient Aussie

Ancient Aussie Well-Known Member

Three great coins, congrats Erin.

Johndakerftw and Justin Lee like this.
  8. Johndakerftw

Thanks so much, everybody!

Unfortunately, my lighting completely sucks and it’s been a cloudy mess all day. I’m going to try and take a better pic in the morning.

Ask and ye shall receive, Justin. Lol, this is embarrassing.:confused::oops:

B8B6B204-95A3-4797-AA04-1BB89EB3B2B2.jpeg

I need to get one of those desk lamps with the magnifier in the middle. My apologies to those offended by this. It does the coins no justice, but there are all the traveling buddies together.

Erin

9. Justin Lee

I'm not offended in the least... It looks like they are getting along great!

10. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

Some neat new coins, Alex III and a Miletos lion are must haves....and how cool that you even got the coin you lost!

Very class @Unknown cool person!!

I recently posted my Helena, but here is my lion...

[​IMG]

Ionia, Miletos, Late 6th- early 4th century BC.

1/12th Stater (1.2 gm, 10.5mm). Obv.: Forepart of lion left with head reverted right. Rev.: Starlike floral design in square incuse. SNG Helsinki II 285.

And my AE AIII!

[​IMG]
    Macedonian Kings, Alexander III, 336-323 BC

. Obv.: Heracles in lion’s skin r. Rev.: AΛEΞΑΝΔΡOY, club; below, bow in case; above, monogram. Byblos mint. 19 mm, 5.9 g. Price 3425. VF.

Cucumbor, TIF, Johndakerftw and 5 others like this.
  11. Johndakerftw

Sweet coins, chrsmat!

I managed to get some better pics today because we had some sun.

C551E28F-BD0E-4AE4-9C08-CD24906D2B50.jpeg 21A23C58-6C67-4732-BA3F-8FDC88405ACA.jpeg

Totally boss!:cool:

Look at those dry hands, yikes. :eek:

Attached Files:

12. Justin Lee

Sweet! I love the sun!

I also really love that thunderbolt between the B and A on the Alexander the Great!

Johndakerftw likes this.
  13. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

COngrats! I got out bid on everything lol

Johndakerftw likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted