Amazon coins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Agilmore01, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Agilmore01

Agilmore01 Well-Known Member

Has anyone purchased any coins through Amazon yet? I have browsed a couple of times and it seems like most everything is retail price. I don't really like the layout of the site. I haven't really found anything that interests me on there. I am just curious to know if anyone has found any good deals on there.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. deacon2828

deacon2828 Active Member

I looked a long time ago and found the site very awkward also .

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

and WAY overpriced

5. krispy

krispy krispy

Amazon's coins/collectibles site was relaunched this past May 2014 around the time the Saddle Ridge coins (the lower end pieces that started out around $2500) went on sale there. LINK

Many of those coins appear to still be available, and Amazon is just an ongoing proxy for Kagin's extended sales listed on Amazon other than the same which might be on their site/at shows.

It seemed Kagin's lent their name and reputation to the relaunch more as marketing, both for the dealer and to help turn attention to the category on Amazon playing off the then current media attention of the Saddle Ridge coins.

6. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Everything I've ever seen on Amazon seems way overpriced. I prefer to buy from dealers and collectors.

7. krispy

krispy krispy

Like anything else, you have to shop around. Sometimes there are decent deals, using credit card points for shopping, Prime, or when buying through Amazon Marketplace sellers. It's not much different than shopping on eBay for a comparable online venue and much can be said about way overpriced items on eBay, too. Kagin's is a dealer selling on Amazon, just as plenty of other dealers you might buy from in a LCS or coin show, also sell on eBay.

8. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Amazon is a set price - and expensive . I like Ebay coin dealers that accept your "Best Offer" price and most times have free shipping charges!!

9. krispy

krispy krispy

Amazon offers a range of shipping options, as well as free shipping on most orders. Returns are also protected.

Only customer feedback on Amazon will help them improve and succeed if they are not meeting our needs.

Draft saved Draft deleted