Amazing Red Surfaces

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Endeavor, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I'm not sure why you just linked to an ebay sale with zero explanation. Are you trying to promote this guy? Do you have a question?

Stevearino likes this.
  4. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Don't know the seller nor trying to promote them. I spend a good amount of time browsing eBay and every now and then like to share what I see to get feedback. Usually I get good feedback from other members. I have noticed that you seem to not like me doing this though. Why?

5. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Because all you did was link to an Ebay sale. There is no question, no discussion, no post, nothing. This makes it seem like you are advertising this person's sale, which belongs in the marketplace.

If you want to have a discussion about the coin, a good OP should have some information about the coin, ask a question about it, make some comments or argument. There needs to be something there - otherwise it's just a random link to a random ebay sale. Teach us something, or ask us something - don't just post random links.

Cheech9712, Stevearino and PlanoSteve like this.
  6. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

I know that seller, and this is not him. It's also not this seller's MO to do something like this. If you want to know who it is by internet handle (PCGS, NGC--never saw him over here) I can PM you that.

He does take consignments, and is actually the person I use when I've needed that service. Highly ethical and when I first 'met' him he was a YN on the PCGS boards. That was well over a decade ago (IIRC he was a member there before me and I joined in 2003).

asheland likes this.
  7. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

She's a beaut!

8. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

9. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Purely as a point of clarification on the rules - what you said in the quote above is not so. It is true if you post a link to your own auction. However, there is no rule against posting links to someone else's auction - even if you are trying to promote the item, or the seller.

edit - As a matter of fact, if you know of a good seller, or a nice item being available, I personally encourage all members TO PROMOTE them. By all means, please do so ! There is not nearly enough of it being done.

Members talk about bad stuff all the time. But rarely do they ever talk the good stuff. We need more of the latter !

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    C-B-D, Numismat, TheGame and 2 others like this.
  10. asheland

asheland The Silver Lion

FWIW, it's a very nice looking coin.

11. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

Definitely a nice coin, I'm sure the photography also helps in the amazing aspect :)

Draft saved Draft deleted