Amazing Pope J.P. the 2nd . I've researched to no avail , PLEASE Help ☺️ Any Info is welcome

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by WizardofAwes, Mar 5, 2017.

1. WizardofAwes

WizardofAwes Member

Hi,
    I tried to find more Information on this Silver Coin. The writing on this aswell are interesting . Here's some photos of it. Any information is welcome . ThankU All
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. WizardofAwes

WizardofAwes Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg Hi All ,
    Any information on this Silver coin in Beneficial and welcome. I do believe at the moment it is connected to his visit to Azatecas . Here are some photos . ThankU all so much everyone as always .

4. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

In 1990, John Paul II visited Mexico, and Zacatecas was one of the cities where he celebrated a Holy Mass. The left part of the Latin motto refers to the city; on the right you have a Bible quote ("montes sicut cera fluxerunt") which translates to "The mountains melted like wax". Interestingly, this medal - the piece is not a coin - was apparently designed after an older one. (This is an article from a German numismatic magazine published in 1835.) Don't know anything about it though ...

Christian

afantiques and WizardofAwes like this.
  5. stlnats

stlnats Active Member

Privately produced medal (ie not issued by the Vatican but a private and probably local entity) made for the Pope's 1990 visit to Mexico. Could be silver, silver plate or just a silvery looking metal. I don't seem to have a specialized catalog for JP II, and am not sure that there is one, so can't really add much more info.

WizardofAwes likes this.
  6. stlnats

stlnats Active Member

7. WizardofAwes

WizardofAwes Member

WoW Amazing knowledge

8. WizardofAwes

WizardofAwes Member

For sure

Draft saved Draft deleted