Amazing Cleaned Roman Coin Of Claudius!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by FrankPlantagenet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. CheetahCats

CheetahCats Colonial & Early American

This is an open forum, you posted it publicly in a forum.

"Looting" is stealing and unlawful, no matter what your feelings are about it. Other, inexperienced metal-detecting folks may read your post and by your words, think it's okay to sneak onto someone's property at night, steal, and then inadvertently find themselves in serious trouble.

Part of posting is posting responsibly! You don't like that, take it up with a MOD. Justify to a MOD why you think it's okay to encourage potential newbies to break the law.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. FrankPlantagenet

FrankPlantagenet New Member

Jealous? Because you don't have any history worth talking about.

4. CheetahCats

CheetahCats Colonial & Early American

I believe personal attacks are also off limits in the CoinTalk forum. Please also take up that issue with the MOD too.

Thank you.

5. FrankPlantagenet

Can you just leave me alone please. I no longer want to have a discussion with you about metal detecting, I did not intend this thread to turn into some over the top argument.

Also lets see some of your coins mate, I'm guessing some of them have been metal detected without permission.

Also I don't see this as an attack, explain how you come up with that one?

6. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

That will be enough gentlemen.

7. FrankPlantagenet

Thankyou.

8. FrankPlantagenet

Hhahahaha potential newbie's to break the law, so a newbie has no common sense because they havn't been a part of the forum for a while.

9. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Then show common sense Frank and drop it, like I told you to already.

Last warning for either party.

10. FrankPlantagenet

Yeah ok sorry, this guy just makes me laugh.

11. sunflower

sunflower New Member

I sort of liked the green coloring - maybe that is wrong, but I think it makes the coin attractive - a little harder to view, but attractive.

Anyone else big on "green"?

12. FrankPlantagenet

Its what you get when water is around the coin for years...I know what you mean but honestly that coin wasn't to good until I cleaned it.

13. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Frank now I am a Brit and I am telling you that if you metal detect on property without permission you will be breaking the law, also you have to be aware of "Scheduled monuments" it is Totalyilligal to detect on them without a Official license (which is nigh on impossible to get) I would sugest that you also take the time to read up on the "Portable Antiquities Scheme" before you end up with a possible conviction that could mar the rest of your life.
    I would sugest that if you wish to continue then you find out about joining a club there are enough of them around.
    Nighthawking is something the Police do not turn a blind eye to and you also do run the risk of a farmer taking a pot shot at you or setting his dogs on you.

14. FrankPlantagenet

I am in a club, I never said it was legal and I no longer want to have this conversation.

15. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Regardless of wether you want it or not Frank, You suggested Members do it and did not seem to think there would be consequences I am simply setting you straight. Perhaps you will think in future before making such comments

16. FrankPlantagenet

Well in the 20 odd years my father has been doing it along with a lot of friends I don't know anyone that has got into trouble for it. I guess I'm missing the point, I understand its illegal can we just leave it at that?

17. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

here one that a lil green :)

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      225.6 KB
      Views:
  18. FrankPlantagenet

Thanks for posting randy, I must say that coin has a nice colour.

19. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

Thanks, its one of the few nice ones I have.

20. FrankPlantagenet

Nice detail, what did you pay for that one then?

21. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

Draft saved Draft deleted