Am I the only person on CT ...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Dancing Fire, May 1, 2016.

1. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

So I guess you do like green morgans and vams?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

So my 6-A means nothing ?

4. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

5. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Not to me, it doesn't. To a VAMpire, it probably does.

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  6. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

7. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

8. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Lots of things going on with this coin, ANACS has it, with the info too. Description of Vam say: Clashed die with partial incuse n of In from reverse showing next to Liberty head neck.

The Variety is: (Double Date, Stars & Motto, Clashed Obverse n)

The Paperwork Lee Roy sent says, it has a Double Clash N now, listing on Vam World is for a single clashed N .

Here's the Paperwork:

1880 Vam 21A & 1881-S Vam 68 (3).jpg

9. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

I buy Morgan dollars for 2 reasons. Eye appeal especially toners and pl and because they sell. And yes I'm a dealer you can easily cherrypick a vam off because I couldn't care less. But I guarantee the coin will have other merits or some nice flash or I wouldn't have bought it in the first place

10. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

Oop... someone already posted the VAMWORLD link, but if you care about VAMS, this is apparently the site to occupy... http://www.vamworld.com/

11. Mickey in PDX

Mickey in PDX Active Member

my head hurts :(

12. Rick Stachowski

13. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Yes, you're the only one. Everybody else is desperately trying to complete a "hot 50" VAM set...

Cascade and bear32211 like this.
  14. Rick Stachowski

Hit List 40 ....

15. Rick Stachowski

Elite 30 ....

16. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Many of you have seen this before but for the "creepers" casually reading; When you find something like this, raw, for $50 you are fully & completely hooked!

Only appx. 10 known in higher grades, 8 in64 & 2 in 65 and I highly doubt any have this kind of color :)

http://www.vamworld.com/1921-S+VAM-1B6

20160430_063449.png 20160501_071319.png 20160429_153339.png 20160429_153435.png

17. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Don't forget... top-100, WOW, elite clashed & its update kipton 12. Plus the privately made list of contemporary counterfit micro-o's :)

Get on the VAM train or get out of our way :)

micbraun and Rick Stachowski like this.
  18. ReaperRuler

ReaperRuler Resident Numismatist

I care little about morgans and also little about searching for varieties when I look for my peace dollars, so VAMs mean nothing to me

19. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

So was I'm guessing it was already listed but your coin was able to update the listing correct?

20. JAY-AR

JAY-AR Well-Known Member

Sweet Rick! I started collecting about 3 years ago after having some coins willed to me. Got into collecting US mint error coins, pennies, nickels, dimes etc. Then one day I discovered this thing called eBay and PayPal.....Decided one day to buy a 1900 O Morgan off of eBay(my first Morgan purchase!). Won the bid at $19 and free shipping. Not going to give you guys the Moby Dick version. (I will if you ask...hee hee) Got the coin in the mail and noticed two horn like gizzies coming out of the right side of the O mm. Turned out to be a valuable Vam (Vam 8B Top 100!) Worth a couple hundred.....been a Vammer every since that first purchase! It's not for everyone, but it is for me! Oh for the Vammers....the coin grades EF45 by ANACS. 1900 O-CC  close up of OMorgan.jpg

Rick Stachowski and Cascade like this.
  21. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Moby Dick version please :)

Rick Stachowski likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted