Am I still Morgandude? Sold my 1893s

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Morgandude11, Feb 26, 2021.

1. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Morgan Silver 1893s is my interpretation ;)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

It was an autocorrect fail. Obviously I meant MS grade 1893s coins. In MS 63, the PCGS price guide has the 1893s as about $750,000. However any nice ‘93s has sold for a lot more than that in Brilliant Uncirculated condition. Figure at least 1 million for a nice uncirculated 1893s.

GoldFinger1969, David Betts and MIGuy like this.
  4. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

He was teasing, but that's amazing, a one million dollar Morgan, I just can't fathom it. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and pictures.

Morgandude11 likes this.
  5. COOPER12

COOPER12 Well-Known Member

wow that was a nice one

Morgandude11 likes this.
  6. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

As a general rule....would you say that HIGH-END Morgans have held up over the last decade....wheras cheaper commons and coins < $1,000 have been weak/stagnant ?

I'm wondering if they have tracked the Franklin/Barber pricing that I read about extensively ATS.

7. ddddd

ddddd Member

My answer to the original question is yes....you don't need any one specific date to still be Morgandude. :)

Morgandude11 likes this.
  8. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

Thanks...I wouldn't have though that about the old green holders...I've cracked a couple silver $1 out and even the old retention rings (not the newer pronged type) seemed pretty tight/secure with the coin. I'm all-too-familiar with the older rattlers...like the Whitman 2x2 plastic snaps which I still have a lot of.

9. masterswimmer

Whoa!!!! Groundhog Day all over again!!!!!

10. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

How about Morgandude11"-1" I'm jealous that is a GREAT COIN. New owner now very happy.

Morgandude11 and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  11. Morgandude11

She is fine. Just regulating heart rhythm from Afib.

David Betts and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  12. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Good to know. I had WPW a while back which caused uncontrolled rapid heart beat but got it fixed.

13. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

edited
    Mac, to get things rolling, we've got a forum you can list these in. If you'd rather not list all the dates and mint marks in a public forum, which of course is what this is, you've got the photos of the two CCs, and they're both keys, why don't you just start off on those? Look at the price guides and if you can the auctions, figure retail prices you can accept, then offer them for those prices. No additional investment necessary trying it this way. And who knows? You get the hang of it, you might like it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2021
    Morgandude11 likes this.
  14. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

Sorry...already received from a mod that this was deleted as a violation...he said to read the rules but didn't leave a direct contact for questions, etc...that's been my experience with similar forums. Heck, I've been trying to find some rules since I joined last month...seriously...but am older and not a very good navigator or hi-tech person...I don't even use a smart-phone. But I think I may have just found them, and some other stuff I've been searching for. If the mod is reading this...monitoring, etc...sorry for the violation(s).

15. Morgandude11

I still have several hundred Morgans. Just not buying any more. :)

David Betts and ddddd like this.
  16. David Betts

David Betts Elle Mae Clampett cruising with Dad

Who want's in on this one coming up morg.JPG

17. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

It must've been good to own an 1893 s to much money for me I'm going to start off with an 1877 or a 1916 D 09's v.d.b a little bit much.

David Betts likes this.
  18. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

Most likely too rich for my blood.

David Betts likes this.
  19. Morgandude11

I know that coin. It belongs to a friend of mine, with whom I have done business. It is really beautiful, and will go for very big bucks. All of the 93, 94, and 95 Morgans in high grade are in the stratosphere. It is the Golden age of Morgan collecting. Want an all-star coin? Give me an 1895 proof any day.

20. masterswimmer

So Md11, what's the hammer going to come down on on this fine specimen?

21. Morgandude11

My guess is between $22,000, and $25,000.

masterswimmer and David Betts like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted