Already Enough!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Spaniard, Dec 28, 2021.

1. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

I get nervous when some of y'all get into fisticuffs about politics. I have a lot of friends here, some that I've been talking to for years, and I would hate to see anyone banned.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

I do recall a post where a CT buddy was relaying some extreme views on Constantine from a popular and reputable source in regards to things I won't reference. But I do apologize if I was a part of it and or hurt any feelings. Anything I said was an attempt to use historical context to show the ubsurdity of the comments before placing modern ideals on ancient peoples. And again apologize.
    Please remove the post that looks like a warning to others not to join in our fun.
    As much as I love this site, I very recently had to turn a blind eye to a new member saying that someone was watching me right now and some creepy #2 stuff and then who knows what else before they were banned and that content was removed.
    Miss dynamite or something silly like that.
    I just reported it and moved on to more fun posts. And that's exactly what I hope we all can do.

DonnaML and Spaniard like this.
  4. Spaniard

Spaniard Well-Known Member

I'm 99% sure I actually wasn't involved in the demise of the thread....But that isn't the point!.....Take the pin off please as it's taking up valuable space that could be filled with a much more interesting theme...I.E.....Coins

Ryro likes this.
  5. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

You guys know that the more you beg to have that thread removed, the longer Doug will leave it up there, right? Lol.

Cucumbor, TIF, rrdenarius and 2 others like this.
  6. robinjojo

robinjojo Well-Known Member

I saw the moderator's post fairly early on, but I have not idea what precipitated it, other than, I assume some inappropriate threads being posted the day before.

I feel a little bit like Rosencrantz and Guildenstern stepping into the middle of Hamlet.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    Penny Luster and CoinCorgi like this.
  7. Spaniard

@John Anthony....Hang on!....Excuse my ignorance here....Are you saying that Doug has the call on this??????!....Also I've never begged in my life!

8. TIF

TIF Always learning.

On the rare instances where a reprimand gets pinned to the top of the Ancients board, I read it once and then click Ignore Thread. Marvelous little button, that. :D

Out of sight, out of mind. Until someone brings it up in a separate thread, of course :hilarious:

It will go away soon enough. Until then, Ignore ON! :D :D

Orielensis, Alegandron, BenSi and 3 others like this.
  9. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

GDJMSP is also named Doug. My guess is if we let this thread be now that the request has been made then Doug (GDJMSP) will consider removing the pin. I doubt he meant to leave it up indefinitely anyway.

10. Spaniard

...Yep that's ok TIF but that's exactly why we're in the state we are in now!....The world just accepts and things just get muddled!:yuck:...Sorry I'm Buddhist and Vegan and an avid ancient coin collector....Nothing will go away unless you personally fight for it.....Lets see how this one goes...:D

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  11. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

I have seen a lot of forums go politically haywire on this site, but this was the first time that I ever saw it in the Ancients forum. I was pretty surprised. I did not participate, but I read the majority of one thread and it deserved to get taken down, for voluminous reasons. Thankfully, I didn't see the second one.

I think the pinned thread serves as a good reminder for us to keep our cools for the time being. I'm guessing it will come down in time.

12. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Perhaps if we summon @GDJMSP (Doug) and prostrate ourselves (if you don't want to @Spaniard , just stand there and eat a carrot :)) and he will wave his magic wand. Pluck your magic twanger Dougie...
    [​IMG]

Penny Luster and CoinCorgi like this.
  13. Spaniard

Doug please take down the pin!......You are the same as us and revel in the History of coins.....This pin is taking away one persons feel on that and you shouldn't do that....Why are you holding a pin at the top of the board?

14. Spaniard

I'm not speaking about the thread that was cut!?....I don't know what happened at the end of this thread it just disappeared?.....I didn't do anything wrong that I know of?...But every time I log on I get this pin at the top....Why!?

15. akeady

akeady Well-Known Member

I did as someone suggested above - clicked on "Ignore Thread" and I no longer see the pinned thread - it's great :D It's as if we've been forgiven for whatever transgression we committed!

Don't do it on this thread, unless you don't want to see it, but do it on the pinned thread:

upload_2021-12-29_4-0-8.png

ATB,
    Aidan.

16. Kentucky

I know, every time I go into a business, I see this sign
    [​IMG]

...and I don't even smoke.

Alegandron likes this.
  17. Spaniard

@dougsmit .......Take the pin away please!!

18. Kentucky

he might not be on-line right now, be patient...

19. Spaniard

Sorry people I don't want to 'IGNORE'.....It just doesn't seem right!

20. akeady

akeady Well-Known Member

It's also not Doug Smith who pinned the note there!

ATB,
    Aidan.

21. Spaniard

@dougsmit.......Take the pin off please.....Or whoever put the pin on?
    I feel we have enough constraints on our lives at the moment without taking away something that we all love......Take the pin off please!

Draft saved Draft deleted