All About John....

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by tommyc03, Nov 22, 2019.

1. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

John is on ebay. John writes to me a lot asking my help on a variety of questions related to errors and varieties. I have tried my best to guide John. But it looks like I have failed John or he just isn't listening. Check out this link directly to his page of sale items. I think I need to ignore John in the future. So sad because I hope he's not using me as a backdrop for his sales in communications with others.https://www.ebay.com/sch/johnscoins1collectables999/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

LakeEffect and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Seems like a scammer to me. Anyone listing an error coin for sale should know for sure it's an error. Too many non-errors listed as errors to be anything but. IMHO.

tommyc03 likes this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

The next time he asks you for help identifying an error or variety, tell him that if he can't figure it out for himself, that he should stop looking for them.

Chris

tommyc03 likes this.
  5. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

John should change his ebay user name to johnspocketchange2spenders999

Paddy54, Johndoe2000$ and tommyc03 like this.
  6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

All of our conversation centered around Lincoln Cents, primarily the 2009 series and other Lincoln doubled die coins. He seemed very likable, affable and never argued. But his level of education was in doubt from the start. Spelling, pronunciation, grammar, etc., were sorely lacking. For some reason I felt the need to tutor him as best I could. Nearly all these listings should be reported but it's just too time consuming. I thought I was doing something good but as it turns out, not so much. Of course, I will no longer be doing this. Sometimes you just can't help some people no matter how hard you try. To be sure, none of the coins he is listing were anything we discussed as I would have told him point blank what they all really were. Lesson learned.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  7. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Or johnsparkinglot finds.

8. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Kudos for trying Tommy.

tommyc03 and LakeEffect like this.
  9. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

You’ve done what you can, Tommy. You’ve gone a lot further than I would have.

tommyc03 likes this.
  10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I couldn't look at his entire web site. I just couldn't do it.

Tommy, you've done what you can and should do no more.

tommyc03 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted