Alexander the time traveller!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by JayAg47, Jan 6, 2021.

1. JayAg47

JayAg47 Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

It is also from the 17-18th Centurary
    :hilarious:

4. svessien

svessien Senior Member

That’s true greatness.

One of the legacies of Steve Jobs was to provide all his workers with a copy of «Autobiography of a yogi» by Paramahansa Yogananda. Both that book and the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali describes that the ability to be present at different locations at the same time, are a part of the Yogis later development. I’m unsure if any ancient yoga mats have been dug up in Macedonia, but who knows. :)

5. shanxi

shanxi Well-Known Member

Weight in carats. The seller must be a jeweler. Carats sound definitely much more impressive than grams.

BTW: The next time you give someone a ring with a 1 carat diamond, you shouldn't mention that 1 carat is only 0.2g ;)

JayAg47 likes this.
  6. ambr0zie

ambr0zie Dacian Taraboste

I just love this kind of academic descriptions, show some credit to the seller, he spent about 40 second composing this gem.

Before Christmas I noticed a fantastic coin, on an auction site.
    It was badly corroded, on the obverse you could see something that might have resembled a portrait (or a bike, a bottle of wine, whatever you can imagine), on the obverse absolutely nothing.
    The description was "This could be Roman or Greek but most likely this is a local imitation of a Republican Denarius showing Minerva and quadriga! possible Zeus with thunderbolt! VERY rare!"
    I regret that my budget was already suffering. I didn't even save the fantastic coin and description, you don't see them everyday.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted