Albums for Modern Commemorative Dollars/Halfs?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Jim Cutler, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Jim Cutler

Jim Cutler New Member

Does anyone make an album for the MODERN Commemorative US Half-Dollars? And another for the Modern Commem Dollars?

I stopped buying Dansco despite their good quality, things I need are often not in stock. Dansco made albums these but the pages seem to stop at 2001. Littleton doesn't seem to make albums for the Modern Commem's.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Inspector43 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. QuintupleSovereign

QuintupleSovereign Well-Known Member

My advice: just buy a few blank half-dollar and dollar sized pages and print some labels for each slot.

4. Jim Cutler

Jim Cutler New Member

Thanks for replying. That's a good way to go.

5. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

That is exactly what I was thinking. Then you can customize it as proof only, BU only, both, etc.

Jim Cutler likes this.
  6. Jim Cutler

Jim Cutler New Member

Thank you. That's how I'll go.

7. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

One would think that one of the companies would make these albums, but they don’t. The reasons are many collectors want these coins in slabs and others, like I, keep them in the original mint packages. Another problem is that a would-be album would have no idea how to label the empty slots for the future, or even know if the collector would need half dollar or dollar sized openings.

Personally, I don’t like to mix Proof coins with album slides and albums made of cardboard with sulfur in it. That’s another reason why I like the mint boxes and the Certificates of Authenticity.

Some mint packages, like the wooden mint boxes which came with the four and six piece sets years ago, are quite nice, but the collectors didn’t care for them. That prompted to mint to stop issuing them.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    Jim Cutler likes this.
  8. Jim Cutler

Jim Cutler New Member

Good to know, thanks for replying. I'm new to the Modern Commemoratives and just obtained a LOT of them. Learning a lot. Have a great week.

Jim

9. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

If they are in the original mint packages, make sure to keep the coins and the Cerificates of Authenticity together. The coins are worth more if they have them.

Jim Cutler likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted