ah, screw it...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jpwestpoint, May 27, 2016.

1. jpwestpoint

jpwestpoint Member

Had a member ask me how much over spot i would sell all my metal...

Baught this instead. Paid $425.

Attached Files:

dwhiz likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

I would say $425 is probably a decent price. From your pictures, I see some good luster, so that's a good indication of a nice coin.

jpwestpoint likes this.
  4. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Who the hell would consider a price on a CC Morgan over spot? How stupid!

redcent230, jpwestpoint and Paul M. like this.
  5. jpwestpoint

jpwestpoint Member

Better pics... Screenshot_2016-05-27-23-10-14.png Screenshot_2016-05-27-23-10-19.png

KSorbo likes this.
  6. Markus1959

Don't fall for it!

jpwestpoint likes this.
  7. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

There are alot of snakes in the shadows on the interwebs

jpwestpoint and Markus1959 like this.
  8. Paul M.

Nicely struck, typical amount of marks. Looks good. :)

jpwestpoint likes this.
  9. jpwestpoint

jpwestpoint Member

Really? Crap. I went to every site suggested by members on this forum, and many more before i pulled the trigger on this one. What gives? @Markus1959

10. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

Dont know which post your referring to but you did ok

jpwestpoint and Paul M. like this.
  11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

If you lump together a PF67 accented-hair Kennedy with a bunch of 2oz silver rounds and "BU" bullion or coins, I'm afraid that's the kind of attention you're most likely to attract.

If you change your mind again, you might do better lumping similar stuff into lots -- one lot for the higher-end numismatic stuff, one for straight bullion, and so on. Of course, you'll still get lowball offers, but you're more likely to get reasonable ones as well.

mlov43, jpwestpoint and Paul M. like this.
  12. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I would welcome that Morgan readily into my collection especially since I don't have that date/mint mark. Nice coin!

Paul M. and jpwestpoint like this.
  13. Markus1959

Wow! You took me for wrong! I was saying the dude who would offer spot prices on a CC is totally wrong! Wise up before spouting off! Your CC is actually fantastic!!

14. jpwestpoint

jpwestpoint Member

Yeah, im really excited about this one. Pricey, but hopefully moves up in time. I have a decent amount if slabs now. I would like to get a slab book or something to put them in. I noticed its 1/4, 1/2....increments. any advice would be appreciated in obtaining the right size. Thanks for all the support.

15. Paul M.

There are a couple slab albums available by Lighthouse and Eagle. Check places like JP's Corner and Wizard Coin Supply. Amazon and eBay might be good places to check as well.

I also encourage you to buy books, particularly grading books and books about coin series that you enjoy (perhaps Morgan dollars and Kennedy halves?). Once you learn to grade, you'll start to learn when to throw away the price guides.

dwhiz, Smojo and jpwestpoint like this.
  16. jpwestpoint

jpwestpoint Member

Great. Yes i have taken heart to the morgans, and kennedys. Can you reccomend a grading morgan book worth purchasing over other books? If not, i will do some googling.
    Thank you.

Paul M. likes this.
  17. Paul M.

I'm not incredibly familiar with Morgans, but I would recommend you start with free online resources and then branch out to more specialized resources. Start here, specifically chapters 13-15. Maybe check out VAMWorld if you have an afternoon to kill.

Keep in mind the Bowers book I linked to was published in 1993, so it's a bit out of date, but still has enough good info in it to be worth reading.

jpwestpoint likes this.
  18. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

You might want to get the book, ANA Grading Standards for US Coins. It's available on the Whitman Books site.

Chris

19. jerryc39

jerryc39 Well-Known Member

when you are selling silver and gold bullion I think the question of how much over spot is very relevant. Also when you have no prices on your listing that makes things difficult as well.

jpwestpoint likes this.
  20. Travlntiques

Travlntiques Well-Known Member

So this thread is to call attention to your advertisement then?
    Oh, but yes, nice Morgan too!

jpwestpoint likes this.
  21. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Really?

This is a forum for general conversation about coins; there are plenty enough threads about offensive eBay bidders, lowballing dealers, and so forth. This thread doesn't link to the ad, doesn't even say "a member looked at my ad and...".

I don't see anything the least bit worthy of criticism here.

And this. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted