After 6 mos. of study

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by tammiGee, Dec 9, 2018.

1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I actually thought the same. Some guy in his toolshop or garage cut a Cent in half and created the Cent in question.. That is really possible!

I thought if making my own versions of PMD coins. This was one of my ideas!
    One say I will make them and create a PMD thread.

spirityoda likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

No one in here is mad at you.

4. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

http://www.maddieclashes.com/cclti-1c-1993-01/ No not photoshopped. Twas no more than a little Sunday brain tickler. I have enjoyed the conversation and could have been given the correct answer. Not stirring the soup just gaining knowledge the old fashioned way....questions and answers. But no cheating here. As a matter of fact anyone who had visited a Facebook group called US Error Coins might have witnessed their Admin. do a vise job, de-facing a US coin, on the site to prove it could e done. I noticed that sight with 10's of 1000's of members was gone by morning. Not wanting to see that again

5. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

and give them out at Halloween....scary thought

paddyman98 likes this.
  6. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I did not want to upset you at all. Your coin has kept me up late at night and even in to the morning trying to come up with an answer for you. I think paddyman98 came up with the answer in post #41 above...
    "Some guy in his toolshop or garage cut a Cent in half and created the Cent in question.. That is really possible!"

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    paddyman98 likes this.
  7. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

@spirityoda Afterall what does the modern day old guy do anymore? Talk sports and talk coins! What I need is a new word for retirement like ________?

8. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

to easy...that word is Diversion.

9. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I am going back to sleep now. Thanks for that coin brain teaser. Part of the coin hobby I also enjoy is learning from others about coins and doing the research on world coins myself. As I have discovered collecting coins for 20 years...this coin hobby is an endless learning process. Have a nice day.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  10. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

Yes I know, just wanting to make it clear that this wasn't staged or manipulated by me. I'm really not used to getting as many civil comments as I did here. Most FB admins.would have pulled the plug on me for merely showing it. At last I have found a site true to its cause and I'm really enjoying that.

spirityoda and paddyman98 like this.
  11. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

....an activity that diverts the mind from tedious or serious concerns; a recreation or pastime.....I like it!

spirityoda likes this.
  12. Ana Silverbell

Ana Silverbell Well-Known Member

The date on the obverse is additional proof that this coin was created in a vice. Two coins were set obverse to reverse with a third coin - or a portion of a third coin or metal object - set on the reverse and pressed to raise the obverse and cause the word CENT to be reversed and incused on the obverse. This explains why the coin's date is perfectly raised with little or no distortion of the date.

spirityoda likes this.
  13. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

Thank you...how does that explain the extra and moved metal? Seems like alot of work to de-face such a small object.

14. JCro57

If your goal is to rip off people in the error collector market, and you have time on your hands, you can create something a lot more convincing than this thing.

15. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

???Is there any other terms you would like to use in describing ME that you haven't used already? @JCro57

16. JCro57

I did not write that meaning you. I was addressing the fact that there are a lot more creative ways to make an altered error convincing than what you presented. Yours was an easy call despite you trying to make us think we didn't see what was clearly there, and also what was not there.

I do admit I have trouble with your story, however.

17. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

I'm sure sorry if you feel that I have misled anyone. And I also apologize for not substantiating every comment I made ....Here this Bud's 4 U

Re: HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT
    No, I don't do 'social media' - I came into the business with a healthy privacy position, due to security issues. (but you know how to get ahold of me !)

fred_weinberg 2 days ago

18. JCro57

I doubt you were trying to mislead people here. But some things you said did not seem at all likely. Insisting the reversed lettering is raised and that you felt it when it is clear it isn't, saying no one at the grading companies was interested, saying you have done all this research for six months... I just know when someone's story is not accurate.

1. What grading companies did you contact, and what was the reason they didn't want to touch it?

2. How could you have felt that reversed, raised lettering when it isn't raised on the coin, meaning how can you possibly feel something that isn't there, yet insist that it is there and that you did feel it?

3. How could you possibly have spent six months looking into this? And yet you used all those references you listed, and the response you gave was the best you could do?

Oldhoopster likes this.
  19. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

You're not alone.

Also and as an aside, this forum technically is a form of social media.

Oldhoopster, Kentucky and JCro57 like this.
  20. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

The deciding factor would be to send it to one of the big four grading companies and have them to evaluate it. If you ever wanted to sell it, this would be a necessity. BTW, local B&M coin shops are not necessarily experts particularly on errors. I eagerly await @Fred Weinberg

Oldhoopster likes this.
  21. SlipperySocks

SlipperySocks Well-Known Member

What I learned from this thread;

@JCro57 is growing more passionate about errors.

@paddyman98 can be patient and understanding.

Fred is wise with his privacy position.

3 pages on an error post most likely mean it is not worth reading through.

Comprehending incuse elements on a coin is still difficult until you learn to read the shadows as paddyman PERFECTLY described.

Not everyone uses 3 coins to do a vise job. The machined grip lines of the vise jaws are clearly visible on the reverse of this coin.

I have nothing better to do than type out these observations this morning.

Wonder if you can get vise job coins slabbed as a mated pair??

Happy Holidays everyone! May we each have a day like @AllCoExpat just had.

Kasia, paddyman98 and JCro57 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted