After 6 mos. of study

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by tammiGee, Dec 9, 2018.

1. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

Also observe the shadow from side lighting by the letters CENT. I don't think incuse images would cast shadow. Keep it nice but spirited

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

Actually that was a direct quote from a Yahoo forum. I do not know Mr. Weinberg personally

4. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

giphy.gif

John Skelton likes this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Do you know how to link to that webpage you are looking at? I tried and the Type 1 and Type II pages don't even exist!

And.. I don't think what you are showing are any type of Clash.

6. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

You did "6 months of research" and didn't see any of his posts on PCGS, Coin Talk, or Coin Community? Yet found one on Yahoo despite the fact that he does use social media?

tammiGee likes this.
  7. paddyman98

A Clash would show on the opposite side of a coin. Yours does not match up. clash.JPG

spirityoda likes this.
  8. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

Attached Files:

9. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

10. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Definitely incuse. Look at the pic of the obverse where there base of the Lincoln memorial crosses the field and into the bridge of Lincoln's nose. (EDIT: you pics in post 27 also show this area is incuse)

Look at the information so far
    * Incuse and reversed devices pressed into the coin.
    * Damaged and out of round rim
    * Pressed damage on the reverse of the coin opposite the area in question on the obverse
    * Nobody has been able to come up with an explanation of how this could occur in the mint
    * Some very knowledgeable members have stated that it can't happen at the mint (and I also agree)

So, do you think you found an amazing new type of error that has baffled experienced error collectors and numismatists, or do you thank you may have a coin that was squeezed in a vice?

To paraphrase William of Ockham, the 14th Century Franciscan Monk and Philosopher - The simplest explanation is usually the correct explanation.

-jeffB likes this.
  11. paddyman98

JCro57 likes this.
  12. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

Of course that would always be the case when one hasn't been attributed yet. Best I can do is show a few of the areas I centered my reading to. By not knowing the coining mechanisms as well as others do, I am trying to LEARN why its not as much as if it is
    http://www.maddieclashes.com/cclti-1c-1993-01/

13. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

Not sure yet...keep'em coming

14. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

Oh only if the world worked like that...

ewomack likes this.
  15. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

Thanks @CoinBlazer I am not trying to do any more than get a few comments and ideas to help work this out myself. I like to call it College From Knowledge. @paddyman98 should I take the thread down? Not intended to make others mad

16. CoinBlazer

There is no need for the deletion of the thread. If you mean all well, then this thread was simply a learning process no matter what the outcome is.

tammiGee likes this.
  17. paddyman98

I can't advise on that. I didn't get mad and the majority of the responses were not in anger. The moderators will probably won't take it down for you because there is no reason to do so.

I'm off to Church now...:angelic:

tammiGee likes this.
  18. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

Of course I mean no harm. I have been to several brick and mortars in and around the Dallas area and its at about 50 50 from those who hold it in their hands.

19. CoinBlazer

I don't believe you do mean harm.

20. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

If I knew how to do a squeeze job I would have used a coin of Alfred E. Neuman and a Peace sign...lol

21. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

...was this photo of your coin "photoshopped" ??? No insult intended. The reason I ask this is because only part of the incused "CENT" part of the coin is showing and not the rest of the coin showing as a vise job. If it was a vise job the rest of the coin pressed into it would show the rest of the coin pressed into it and not just a cut off piece of a coin of which looks very suspicious to me correct ??? A possible explanation of what I see...

Did I figure it out ? Tell him what he's won Jonny... A 1 year free subscription to CoinWorld. coin humor gotta love it. lol

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted