After 5 years away, I'm finally back...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by TaborTot22, Mar 19, 2022.

1. TaborTot22

TaborTot22 Well-Known Member

Hey All!

From 2012 to 2016, I was a very, very active member in this forum. I regularly created threads, replied, posted CRH finds, auction results, etc. I sold a lot of stuff in the For Sale section and bought as well. I posted my "wish list" and many great members in this forum helped me fill so many holes in my collection.

However, in 2016, my life was hit some obstacles and unfortunately, this had to be set aside as I was dealing with relocation, new job, transitioning my family to a new community and new schools, etc. It's been a rough five years but things have finally settled down. I am still in good old Indiana (now in Bloomington! Go IU!) and have recently gotten back into my much-loved coin hobby. Recently I have been getting rolls of coins at the bank and doing some good old-fashioned CRH.

Can't promise that I'll be as active on here as I was before but I am certainly glad to be back. Now, I just wonder if some of my old buddies are still around. :) Regardless if they are or not, I'll be glad to meet some new buddies.

Hope all is well here on CoinTalk! If anybody remembers me, would be glad to hear from you.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Welcome back.

TaborTot22 and Inspector43 like this.
  4. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

Sounds like life got in the way. It does for us all, but glad you are carving out a bit of time for yourself.

TaborTot22 likes this.
  5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I remember you from way back in the day. Welcome back!

7. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

Welcome back!

8. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

9. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Good to read you again

10. BasSWarwick

BasSWarwick Well-Known Member

11. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Welcome back. Glad you are still into coins.

12. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

Welcome back! Although, I can’t really say I’ve noticed you were gone because I haven’t been on much over the last 6 years either. In April 2016 I started an account on Instagram dedicated to coins and I’ve slowly gravitated to a different coin forum and the vast majority of my online cointime is spent in those two venues.

I definitely recognize your name though!
    It’s nice to log on every now and then and see some names pop up from my early days on the forum here.

13. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

From one Hoosier to another, welcome back! I certainly recognize the name and glad you are now able to hopefully contribute some more!

14. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Life, it happens to all of us at one time or another. Glad your back. :)

15. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

You were a little before my time, but welcome home.
    I hope you have the time now to involve your children in your hobby.
    I'm looking forward to your posts.

Draft saved Draft deleted