Advise Please

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by JickyD, Feb 3, 2020.

1. JickyD

JickyD Active Member

I got this roll at an auction that was in with 3 rolls of steel pennies, some Buffalo Nickels, War Nickels, Indian Head Pennies, and other miscellaneous coins. Can I call it a OBW roll? It's somewhat loose, but that doesn't surprise me as old as it is and as much as it's been handled. It wasn't sold or listed as a OBW roll, so no one was trying to dupe me. It just is what it is. You can see a clean looking 1960-D on the open end, but it also has that written on the roll. If it was truly a OBW roll, how would someone know it's all 1960-D? In the end I'm trying to figure out if I should hunt it, or try to sell it. But I don't want to list it as a OBW roll if it's not.

Thanks IMG_2933.JPG IMG_2934.JPG IMG_2935.JPG IMG_2936.JPG ...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

I suggest you hunt it. You can buy those for around $2-3 so you aren't going to make much on it anyway. And, you stand to find an RPM or possible DDO in that roll worth much more. So enjoy the hunt, but be sure that you do your research first. Know what you are looking for and...no fingerprints!! Good luck!!

4. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

You answered your own question.

How could that person know that the roll is all one thing if it's an original bank wrapped roll?

Inspector43 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted