Advice on this Morgan Dollar, please.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by LA_Geezer, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Penna_Boy

Penna_Boy Just a nobody from the past

I think $80.00 for that coin is a bit much. Pass, you can find better.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

If you like it buy it. If it's what you want and fits into your collection buy it. I personally would not as it looks like it's been cleaned. Also worn more than I would like. I think $80 is too high for this coin and I will pass.

Also, how long as this coin been up for auction? And you're the only bidder? That tells me the price is too high for the coin.

LA_Geezer likes this.
  4. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

It'll be mine unless somebody goes a dollar higher than my opening bid, and thanks for your opinion.

5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Looks like you changed your mind and cancelled your bid. Another, better one to your liking will come along at a fair price. Just bide your time.

LA_Geezer and Penna_Boy like this.
  6. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

[​IMG]

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

That's great! Love it!

Kentucky likes this.
  8. LA_Geezer

Yep, contacted the seller and he was kind enough to let me off the hook. If I think I can swing it—I'm a pay-as-you-go without dipping into savings kinda guy—I have a few slabbed '04-S on my watch list, and might buy one after the 10/25 pension check is deposited.

Unless someone else regards this one's $400 price tag as acceptable and picks it up in the next 18 days, or an even nicer one at this price point comes along, I guess I'll settle on this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1904-S-MOR...F45-XF-45-SCARCE-BEAUTIFUL-WHITE/362768567774

I just noticed in the seller's description that he does NOT sell coins to buyers in the People's Republic of Minnesota.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  9. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

ThAnks for being so kind

Dave Waterstraat likes this.
  10. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

Too much for that coin. Here is a pic and NGC Coin Facts on the coin.

https://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/3608038-004/45/

I would send the seller an offer closer to the book price. Even if he isn't specifically asking for a best offer. Put it in your watch list. The seller may send you an offer. I can almost guarantee, unless it is some rare VAM, that coin will sit for longer than 18 days. Regular eBay buyers will not purchase that coin at that price.

LA_Geezer likes this.
  11. LA_Geezer

Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted