Advice on selling gold Austrian coins in New York?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by ccarroll, Mar 17, 2015.

1. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Does it seem dumb ? No, seems more like desperation. And I doubt it would be effective.

Taking quality coin pictures is a skill and an art and can often only be accomplished in 1 of 3 ways. A lot of work and practice on your part, blind luck, or having somebody else do it for you ;)

Your best bet, and I honestly don't recall if it's been mentioned already, would probably be to consign the coin to somebody else to sell on ebay.

micbraun likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ccarroll

ccarroll Member

Wow, thanks, guys! Apparently you may be right about the condition. If fact, I think I'll make a separate thread.

Also, as it happens I was trying to pursue having someone else post it on Ebay for me, but that person has apparently disappeared.

4. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

get hold of Joe Lang at stephen Album rare coins at the next show. he is honest and good

5. ccarroll

ccarroll Member

Thanks, Spock, I'll keep him in mind - but in this case, I'm hoping to sell a few coins in the near future, and am looking for people in the NY area, not so much thinking ahead to more shows in the future.

6. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

shouldnt matter where you sell as long as you get fair price for it.

7. ccarroll

ccarroll Member

True, but I prefer selling locally, just because I dread the idea of dealing by mail, and having someone be disappointed.

8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

@Treashunt ......anybody at Melville who could help this lady Frank?

9. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

probably only Ed Duran

Draft saved Draft deleted