Featured Advanced Coin Photography

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Denis Richard, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Tamaracian

Tamaracian 12+ Yr Member--Supporter

Thanks for sharing Denis--your photos and technique are excellent! The approach to axial lighting was creative. I'd like to ask you what benefit the black Backdrop on the right of the setup has on your results, and if it is always fixed in place for every situation. Gary

Denis Richard likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Denis Richard

Denis Richard Well-Known Member

Sorry for the delay in replying, but I didn't receive a notification of your comment. Thank you and I'm happy you like the images. The black board to the right is a piece of black velvet wrapped around cardboard. It absorbs the light that passes through the glass stops any reflections from bouncing back up into the camera from the other side of the glass.

serafino likes this.
  4. AuldFartte

AuldFartte Well-Known Member

I wish to thank the professionals and amateurs alike (with one notable exception) for the incredible information on virtually every aspect of coin photography. Much of the methodology presented is way above my level at this time, but I have learned so much and I will surely be able to apply a lot of this to my efforts, a bit at a time, and potentially increase my (minimal!) skills to the point of acceptable coin photography. I am grateful to you all!

Denis Richard likes this.
  5. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

IMPRESSIVE

Draft saved Draft deleted