Actual key money coin

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by mralexanderb, Oct 21, 2010.

1. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

I'm told that this is actually money from some country. Does anyone know anything about this coin?

To me, it looks Asian. Maybe Korean or Japanese. THESE COINS HAVE A GREEN PATINA THAT i DIDN'T CAPTURE IN THE 2 PHOTOS BELOW.
    Bruce

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. manymore

manymore Chinese Charms

It was used as money 2,000 years ago and is considered one of the most beautiful "coins" ever produced in China.

Unfortunately, yours is a reproduction.

Please see my example and accompanying discussion at Chinese Coins with Charm Features.

Gary

4. mralexanderb

manymore, Thanks for the info. I will pass it on to the owner of the knife coin.

Bruce

5. mralexanderb

manymore was nice enough to supply all the info that I needed to ascertain that this knife coin is a reproduction. But my friend is now asking how do I know for sure? I've told her to go have it appraised by a foreign/ancient coin expert and find out for yourself. The related article that was supplied by manymore, was, in my opinion, certainly adequate as far as the description and origin of this knife coin. Those who doubt others intentions about what they know nothing about, are looking into the clouds, for the Pot O' Gold in their imagination.

Bruce

Draft saved Draft deleted