ABNC Transfer Die

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by USS656, Mar 13, 2010.

1. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

You have to wonder if someone will pay $700 or north of that for the stock, what would they pay for the transfer die, printing plate, and proofs?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

Got you thinking, eh? AIA takes consignments... :)

midas1 likes this.
  4. USS656

never, took too much time and money to get that plate done, but this makes me feel all that much better about having done it. Regardless, it is one of my favorite parts of my collection.

gsalexan likes this.
  5. harrync

harrync Well-Known Member

On eBay, David Lawrence has over 600 ABNCo plates at $1,351.50, Buy it Now. A while back they were $1,590.00, or best offer. I think he sold a few at Best Offer then, but who knows what the Best Offer was.
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=bank note (amer,american)&_udlo=1351&rt=nc&_udhi=1352
    A few years back I bought an ABNCo plate for a Venezuela provincial stamp [i.e., no Scott number] for $50. Recently on eBay, ABNCo plates have been going in the $100 to $600 range, depending on how interesting the image was.

midas1 likes this.
  6. gsalexan

Yes, I've been watching those. The prices seem way out of line. Most of them are Latin American postage stamps, but there are a few more interesting ones. There were initially 2000+ posted, now I think there are less than 800. But they don't show up as being sold, so I think many of the listings were just pulled. Maybe he had an in-person buyer.

7. USS656

Was board this morning so started searching railroad stocks on ebay. Just added a second stock to my collection to go along with this die and plate. :D Will be happy to mount it and hang it under the die print Mike Bean did for me. Always excited when I add something to this unexpectedly. Will post pictures when it arrives.

Schuylkill & Lehigh Valley Railroad Co. 1880 Stock Certificate.JPG

gsalexan and midas1 like this.
  8. gsalexan

Beautiful certificate, Darryl!

USS656 likes this.
  9. USS656

Thanks Greg, Seem like every 5 years or so I add to the group. :) It was a nice find at a good price.

10. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Just found this thread @USS656 and was immediately engrossed. Awesome collection. Thanks for the lessons and sharing.

USS656 likes this.
  11. USS656

Thank you, what I love about these is that they are easy to display and because of how unique they are I don't mind leaving them out in my office. As a group they tell a story of the process and end result. Have really enjoyed the journey. Moments like today's brings this thread back to life for newer members to find. Glad you enjoyed it! Best Regards ~ Darryl

masterswimmer and gsalexan like this.
  12. USS656

Looks great in hand! :) The Bank Note Company where this Image/Transfer Die started "The Homer Lee Bank Note Co. New York"

Schuylkill & Lehigh Valley Railroad Co. 1880 Stock Certificate 3.jpg
    Schuylkill & Lehigh Valley Railroad Co. 1880 Stock Certificate 4.jpg
    Schuylkill & Lehigh Valley Railroad Co. 1880 Stock Certificate 2.JPG

gsalexan and midas1 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted