AANTV's last night's deals ancient coin and proof sets

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by wcoins, Aug 4, 2015.

1. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Was watching AANTV, few deals they had were a Constantine She-wolf reverse ancient coin in AU/MS for $99 (looked on ebay and they seem to go for more in that condition?) , a 1936 sealed proof set for $4k. They were also selling "mistery date" us proof sets from 30's to 50's. I had no idea they made sets like that, sealed and undated. Also they were selling Atocha silver 1715 fleet coins, they were made in 2015 in 1 oz 999 silver from silver recovered from Atocha, they were asking $80 each if I remember correctly.

Anyone watching?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

Since AU/MS is not an ancient grade, I am not sure what condition the coin was in. For a XF she wolf, I would think $40 is about right, but only for a truly high grade example. I bought two London mint examples with control marks between the stars for about $35 each a few months ago. They were gXF, basically as struck.

Btw, what does AANTV stand for? Where is it shown?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  4. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

America's Auction Network, live online at aantv.com or on TV - Dish Ch. 219, Direct TV ch. 234, Bright House Ch. 165.

5. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I would avoid buying there. Silver at 4x spot, 2x the cost of the Constantine, "sealed and undated" mystery date proof sets that everyone is hoping for pre 1948. I hope your watching for comedic value.

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I don't do TV coin buys. They just seem to dishonest. Maybe it's the prices?

Draft saved Draft deleted