AAFES Pogs

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by jhinton, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

Hello I too collect These POGS, I am sharing a picture of one of my favorite This is they type that changes the picture depending on the angle you hold it. 2017-10-01 22.10.14.jpg 2017-10-01 22.10.39.jpg I have over 450 of AAFES POGS and only one of this style. I have several duplicates and am open to trading. Thank you

armysgti and Jwt708 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

Hello again, I just got off the AAFES POG website and it only list up to 2006A, is there a place to go where one can get an updated list? I was going through my collection and came across another POG with two pictures on it. I thought I only had one of these. 2017-10-01 23.10.07.jpg 2017-10-01 23.10.14.jpg

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    furryfrog02 and armysgti like this.
  4. armysgti

armysgti Active Member

Arby,
    Very nice POGS you have Posted. If you look over my Media , you will find all the updated photos and numbering of all the POGS upto and including the last printing of 2011. if you have any problems , send me a message. Another Lenticular POG you may like is the 10L25 dated 2007. Its a Picture of the World Trade Center with Beams of Light ... I am open to trading as well ... Tracy

5. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

Hello Tracy, I sent you an email about a trade on Oct 5th and I haven't heard anything from you. Are interested in a trade? If you need me to resend the email please let me know. David

6. armysgti

armysgti Active Member

David,
    I thought I had wrote back .. Let me check my Yahoo and see where this disconnect is .... Sorrrry about that ....

Arby likes this.
  7. armysgti

armysgti Active Member

David,
    How is that list coming ???

8. armysgti

armysgti Active Member

JWT,
    Getting ready to make another trip across the pond. Hoping to gather a few AAFES Pogs. Have you found any for your collection ???
    Tracy

9. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

No. Good luck though with your next trip.

10. Jennifer Smith

Jennifer Smith New Member

Don't trade! It's a SCAM! The person or people running this thread are robbing you! Don't make any deals here! Send your coins to the mint for authentication! The one running this has made different profiles of themselves so you think your talking to different people when you are actually conversing with the same person!

11. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Thanks. We all need a good laugh first thing in the morning.

Jwt708 likes this.
  12. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Uh...we're not talking about coins. Thanks anyway.

The mint does not authenticate.

13. Jennifer Smith

Jennifer Smith New Member

No kidding! Well thanks for the info! Niether do you so quit giving people bad advice so you can rob them! Send them to PCGS #1 coin grades!

14. lettow

lettow Senior Member

AAFES POGS are not worth enough to bother sending for grading.

15. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Do you know what you're talking about? These are POGs, discs of printed styrene, not coins.

And who are you calling the scammer?

armysgti likes this.
  16. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

Anyone who would spend money to slab a $3 item has way too much time and money on their hands. Most common POGs rarely bring a dollar apiece. Even
    then at 497 pieces you must assume a minimum set value of $500. Some sets shown on ebay with an asking price of $1500.

17. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I would think that paper money grading standards would be preferred if one wanted to grade a POG.

18. armysgti

armysgti Active Member

AAFES POGS GRADING

The condition of Pogs used in Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait and Afghanistan are greatly impacted by the conditions on the ground in those contingency operation areas. I have created the following grading scale for AAFES pogs. I generally discard Pogs that are faded pogs and pogs with creases, pin holes and deep scratches. The lowest grade I would offer is at the Good condition.

UNC - Uncirculated (personally removed from an unopened tray of brand new pogs)

AU - About Uncirculated (appears to be uncirculated, however, I did not pull from an unopened tray)

XF - Extra Fine - Superb condition (very minimal wear that is nearly unnoticeable; picture not faded, no scratches, no creases, no pin holes)

VF - Very Fine - Excellent condition (minimal scuffs and scratches, no creases or pin holes)

G - Good - Clearly circulated POG not creased and without pin holes (POG would serve as a good place holder in a collection)

The lifespan of a POG is unknown. They do show wear and some are so badly worn that the design cannot be identified. They can also break. Badly worn POGs and those redeemed outside the countries they are issued for are destroyed by AAFES. There is no accepted grading system, as most POGs can be obtained in new or nearly new condition.

harley bissell and Jwt708 like this.
  19. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I like it but I would be a little more liberal with the uncirculated grade - POGs that don't appear to have any wear I would be comfortable with calling UNC.

In my token collection I rarely give grades. When I do it's because the token is either exceptionally well preserved or exceptionally damaged.

Abnbuddy, armysgti and harley bissell like this.
  20. armysgti

armysgti Active Member

Yeah , I agree with you there. When some one asks about condition of pogs and Pricing , Depending on the Look of the POG and the limited pieces will determine asking price , regardless if I pulled it from a unopened tray myself. I may have to look over it again and fine tune it ... .. And as far as having one slabbed ?? Maybe .. If it was a Super clean Elvis POG or the strictly limited 6M10W or w/o
    Tracy

Abnbuddy likes this.
  21. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I am strongly opposed to slabs and they're part of the reason I stopped collecting U.S. I would hate to see that become a norm with something like POGs.

furryfrog02 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted