A special thanks to Wal888

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Paddy54, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I just like to share this "RAOK" random act of kindness from @Wal888 . Walter is a well known member here on CT . He lives in Brazil and sent these 3 super sweet doubled dies as a gift to me. Over the years I have sent coins to other members....YN's and members whom I thought would appreciate a coin to brighten their day.
    Well its always a good feeling to know one has made a difference for another. No matter how large or small. Being on the receiving end this time I can assure you that it's so nice to receive a gift as such. Walter I really appreciate your generosity and just the thought to send me a gift.
    We seldom hear in life the good things we done in life....to make another's day. Walter I thank you for your gift as well friendship.
    These 3 coins will remain in my collection until I'm gone....they are very special ...just like you my friend! Thank you so much!
    Paddy 20221005_134707.jpg 20221005_134650.jpg 20221005_134630.jpg 20221005_134612.jpg 20221005_134554.jpg 20221005_134534.jpg

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

That's why I love it here. We have some generous members. You being one of them.

GH#75, Abramthegreat, Wal888 and 2 others like this.
  4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

How can one not wish to share the passion, the enjoyment, the pleasure..... with others that we know as collector's have ?
    Just knowing that you helped plant that seed ....and given not only a material gift...but a gift money cannot buy.
    Just knowing that you made a difference for another is so rewarding... in its self. Some of lifes best gifts are those that are given....and the internal reward recieve.....knowing that you made a difference!;)

Wal888 and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  5. Publius2

Publius2 Well-Known Member

Cool! Pretty dramatic doubling.

Paddy54 likes this.
  6. Wal888

Wal888 Well-Known Member

I'm very touched by all of you, who spend almost all of your time to help those who are still unaware of the minutiae of the art of collecting.
    And we all know that we look crazy in the eyes of those who haven't acquires the habit of collecting.
    I've been asked "why do you stand there looking at these coins? They're all the same!!"
    I don't even try to explain.:bored::D
    Thank you all, especially you @Paddy, for your words, but especially for your gestures and attitudes.:shame:
    Walter

expat and Paddy54 like this.
  7. Cherd

Cherd Junior Member Supporter

That 2000 10 Centavos is fantastic. Almost an entire letter-width spread!

Abramthegreat and Wal888 like this.
  8. Wal888

Wal888 Well-Known Member

Paddy54 likes this.
  9. Wal888

Wal888 Well-Known Member

I think the same @Cherd.
    Extremely hard to get one from the Brazilian Collectors, except in very bad shape.
    Whoever has it doesn't sell it.

10. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

As are you Randy!

Paddy54 and Randy Abercrombie like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted