A sigh of relief on Friday afternoon...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jester3681, May 5, 2017.

1. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

I just wanted to share (and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been here...) a sigh of relief I uttered this afternoon. I sent a submission to NGC on April 25, and was following the tracking info. It scanned in in Ohio, scanned out in Ohio... and then nothing. After about a week, I began to panic. The value of the submission (two tokens) wasn't monumental, although it wasn't nominal - and it was insured. My big worry is that one of the tokens is a Rarity 9 with a Richard Crosby pedigree. Good luck finding another, USPS.

Fortunately, this afternoon the tracking miraculously resumed, and the package is awaiting pickup in Sarasota. Once they check it in at NGC (I hope the tokens are still inside the package!), I'll exhale the rest of the way.

Jwt708, C-B-D and Dougmeister like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

Something similar happened when I purchased a work of art. It was actually a steal at the price I got it and I was so anxious to have it in my hands. It disappeared from USPS tracking. I was sick for about a week and then gave up on it figuring someone had noticed the sender's name and address and kept it. I just hoped they would really love it. Then out of the blue, my doorbell rings. It was my art!! Crazy post office.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It seems that the USPS is becoming very lax in updating their tracking. Not too long ago, I mailed a package and tracking indicated that it was received at the Tampa (FL) facility and sat there for three days. The next update showed that it was delivered in California.

How much do you want to bet that the USPS is doing this intentionally so they can justify the next rate increase.

Chris

5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

It's been nearly two years, in July I believe, since USPS changed their tracking system, updated their software and it's been a total mess ever since. Media rate has been a total disaster from my end.

6. calcol

calcol Supporter! Supporter

I find registered mail is especially prone to disappearing from the radar for days. I think because it has to be signed for at each hand-off, the employees figure that's enough. No need to scan.

Cal

jester3681 likes this.
  7. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

USPS tracking isn't working as well as in the past. It can go straight from the originating post office to my mail box in one fell swoop,

8. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

For registered it's for security. They don't want anyone to be able to know where it is. It's tracked internally with sporadic updates on the website that are usually after it has departed from that location

Draft saved Draft deleted