A pile of World Coins back into the early 1800s

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Roseland3, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Roseland3

Roseland3 Active Member

My wife is 100% Maltese, her parents came over to the US just after WWII. Her Grandfather had a coin and stamp collection he started over there and then continued when they moved to Sunnyvale, CA. My wife inherited the collection in 2006. It was combined with the coins I have been collecting when we got married. I have been finding all kinds of good stuff in that old collection. Pictured below is a pile of her Grabdfathers Work coins. I do not know anything about these and haven't really looked at them. I just received a USB Digital Microscope the other day so inspecting these coins is in the future. IMG_4563.JPG IMG_4564.JPG IMG_4565.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Looks like fun . :happy: I have one website to contribute for looking these up that I've used before. Enjoy !!!!
    Numista

4. Matthew Kruse

Matthew Kruse Young Numismatist

Lots of great stuff in there, I see a decent amount of world silver ;)

Lmk if you want to trade on Numista, I need some the those for my albums. :happy:

5. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

Good stuff, I already see a few silver coins. Looks fun to go through,

6. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

I see what I believe to be at least three silver coins myself. Moreover, I'd highly recommend placing that ancient coin in a PVC-free holder.

7. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Those are the fun kind of lots to search through!

8. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

You have a whole bunch of different countries in there! If you need help ID'ing where they came from, let us know! Looks like a fair amount of silver in there too. Great stuff!

Draft saved Draft deleted