Featured A penny pail tale....

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Paddy54, Jul 12, 2020.

1. White Ger. Shep. Lover

White Ger. Shep. Lover Well-Known Member

I'm sure that I do not stand alone here with the following thought; What a wondrous gesture it would be if Paddy had each and every coin in that beautiful pail slabbed. Yeah, it'll cost a pretty penny( better make that "pretty cent" in this crowd), but what the heck, it's for a great tribute. Maybe have them inscribed "Fred's Wheat Hoard"......or maybe just "From Fred".

Paddy54 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

I really enjoyed reading your touching tribute. It's one of the best things I've read this year. I hope your friend did not pass away alone in a hospital like many elderly did during this pandemic. Well, as many others have suggested, one day you could perhaps go through Fred's gift to you and find one that's especially sentimental. Then maybe you could slab just that one, and keep it with the bucket.

ZZ Firkin Bucket copy.jpg

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  4. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Sorry for the loss Paddy, but what a cool piece of history you've got there!! Personally, I find it cooler than the coins inside, but those being there certainly doesn't hurt! Thanks for sharing and brightening up my day. I'm off to bed; ending it on a great note.

Randy Abercrombie and Paddy54 like this.
  5. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

Need more stories like this one in our troubled times. You are in my opinion doing the right thing to honor Fred! Thanks for the type of information to at least give a smile when all the news reported is always negative. The world needs more friends like you Paddy!

6. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I like to thank everyone for your kind words. And yes we all could use some good news, a positive spin.
    I also like you all to know that I did make a decision on those unknown Lincoln cents...Well after reading everyones post....I decieded not to go through them!
    But..There's always a but....i also decieded that I lift the lid slide two fingers in and take 1 coin on top,and now this coin is going to be offered up to Rob for his montly give away as 1 of the prizes.
    Im sure Rob would be ok with this....that way since the last contest is just about over...his next monthly
    give away.

BTW it a very nicely toned red / brown 1956 lincoln 20200713_160435.jpg 20200713_160454.jpg

GH#75, SchwaVB57, JeffC and 4 others like this.
  7. cooper

cooper Active Member

Love the story. How do I enter the contest? DOB 01301956. Would be honored to win.

8. Paddy54

The next monthly contest...< Check the contest thread under contest.>
    And I'll donate this as one of the prizes for next month contest.

9. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Brilliant choice! I love it and am certain it would make Rob smile. :)

SchwaVB57 likes this.
  10. Paddy54

Here's a better photo. 1594752174326_20200714_143726.jpg 20200714_143742.jpg 20200714_143817.jpg 1594752175296_20200714_143824.jpg

JeffC, Seattlite86 and SchwaVB57 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted