A newp - rearing steed

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by brg5658, Sep 14, 2015.

1. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

This coin came up a couple weeks ago on eBay, and was pointed out to me by fellow member Zohar within an hour or so of it being posted. It was priced reasonably given the crazy prices some of the rearing horse coins go for. It's a type I don't have yet, so I grabbed it. It is the 15th variant on the rearing Saxon Steed design that I have in my certified collection of coins with horses (which currently has 257 coins in it).

Thanks to Zohar for the heads up!

Best, Brandon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

wmichael, ffrickey, jj00 and 8 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dlhill132

dlhill132 Member

BRG,
    Awesome collection!
    Doug H.

4. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Nice one! What a pal Zohar, good looking out.

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Very nice. Congratulations!

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

@brg5658

Hey, Brandon! I know how much you love your horses. How many acres do you own?

I'm curious and a bit surprised by the grade. The central area of both sides appear to have some wear. Is this normal for the strike?

Chris

7. Aidan_()

Aidan_() Numismatic Contributor

Wow, that's an amazing piece Mr. Brandon. Only skimmed through your collection, I'll need more time to thoroughly drool over each piece. ;)

8. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Very nice color on that piece, Brandon.

9. Zohar444

Zohar444 Member

I ping Brandon with horse related coins as I come across them and in the majority of cases he has them in even nicer condition. I am glad I contributed to the growing stable!

brg5658 likes this.
  10. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Chris, this coin is 100% uncirculated, with booming unbroken luster in hand. These come with weak strikes, as do many world minors from this era. You'll notice that the weak strike on the reverse central lettering is exactly opposite the horse on the obverse (the coin is medal orientation, not coin orientation).

-Brandon

11. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

That's what I suspected. Thanks!

Chris

12. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Brandon, I know of your love for horses.........Most excellent acquisition my friend. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted