A New Hadrian Denarius Reverse Discovered.

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Mat, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AncientJoe

AncientJoe Well-Known Member

Very cool - and certainly an interesting reverse type. It is almost identical to one of my recent purchases (which I'll be posting more about soon): an Agathokles tetradrachm from ~310BC:

[​IMG]

4. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

*faints*, never seen that coin type before. Its prettier then a athens owl, wow!

5. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

AJ: You have some beautiful coins, but you always seem to do one better each time you post. This is truly one of the most beautiful coins you've posted.

6. AncientJoe

AncientJoe Well-Known Member

Thanks :) I was blown away when I saw this coin, and ended up getting it for less than 1/4th of what I was willing to spend so it's quickly elevated itself to one of my favorites in multiple different aspects.

I've been holding back posting about a dozen other new coins as well as I'm waiting to find some time to do proper research on them and get some writeups together.

7. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

HOLY CRAP...that tetradrachum is gorgeous.

1.jpg

8. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

"There were sooooo many amazing coins ... silver coins, bronze coins, dark coins, light coins ... there were even green coins, reddish coins ... coins with animals, coins with ancient deities, even coins with mythical heroes ... there were coins posted by Canadians, by Americans, by Europeans and pretty much every corner of the globe!! ...

=> but then there were the coins posted by "Ancient Joe" ..... absolute jaw-droppers!!!"

dolphin story.jpg

"Really, jaw-droppers?!!"

=> "yup, Rascal .... nuthin' but net!!"

9. Bing

Well, if each coin gets better than the one before, then we're in for a really big show as Ed Sullivan might have said.

10. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

11. Bing

I don't know if this is a word, but I think it fits.

12. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

Wow! :eek: Ancient Joe, that has to be one of the most visually stunning coins I've seen, ancient or not. Thanks for posting it.

13. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

Inspector Gadget said it

14. Windchild

Windchild Punic YN, Shahanshah

[​IMG]

Beautiful Tet!

15. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Good read Mat.Dacian Arms with Victory neat.

16. Ancientnoob

Ancientnoob Money Changer

:eek:...Holy Shekel!

....I don't even know what to say, all I know is it will involve a change of clothes.

Draft saved Draft deleted