A New Find

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Legomaster1, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

855391ED-CE12-41F0-BE3B-5FD7F75BDB89.jpeg For the first time, I’ve bought one of these uncut sheets. Surprisingly, they’re not that easy to come across at a reasonable price.
    Just wanted to share.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I always thought it is strange the way they are numbered. I think they only do it that way for special uncut sheets

4. Legomaster1

It IS an uncut sheet! (Possibly split from a larger 32 note sheet, however.)

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Actually, they are fairly reasonable directly from the BEP/Mint. And they will sell different size (read: number of bills) sheets.

6. Legomaster1

On the US mint website, a sheet of 5 new (2013 or 2017 series) ones costs $18.50.
    These notes are 1981 series, and only cost me $10.

7. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

I have a sheet of 50 $1 2017. Thought I would hang it on my wall in the den. Cost to frame it was WAY more than I expected. Still rolled up in the tube it came in.

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I believe the bills are designed this way. After a hundred are printed they are cut and in numerical order.

paddyman98 likes this.
  9. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

OK, are you saying you specifically sought a sheet of 1981 notes?...or that the additional $8.50 was unreasonable?...or ?

For me, the year would be unimportant since this type item would merely be a display/curiosity. And the additional $8.50 (for an extra note) is still reasonable...to me.

10. Legomaster1

I'm saying that- I enjoy the sheet. :D
    Yes, I was looking for one from the 80s. Yes, I am aware of the prices at which the BEP sells uncut sheets.
    I would say that $2.5 per note would be more reasonable than $3.7 per note.
    However, that wasn't the focus of the thread.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    PlanoSteve likes this.
  11. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

The Money shows are a great resource for uncut sheets in all denominations
    I know the Long Beach, California show ( Expo ) has a multi booth full of these
    And the BEP has a great exhibit as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted