A new collection

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by merrill01, Feb 27, 2015.

1. merrill01

merrill01 Member

A New Collection
    I have decided to start collecting Proof Silver Commemorative dollars. They are beautiful coins, and there are many of them. Upon researching them I have found that you can buy these for around 50 bucks each. They are graded, (and fit very nicely in boxes) The most recent is the baseball proof coin, which I found to be interesting because it is the first curved coin produced by the U.S. mint. The price on these was crazy at first, but now the price has cooled down. Altogether they make a very interesting set of coins, as they are all different.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Welcome to CoinTalk. I agree that modern commems can be very beautiful. I have quite a few. I only buy the ones that appeal to me design wise or by what they are commemorating.

Be careful. Collecting modern commems, leads to collecting classic commems, which leads to collecting another series, and so on and so on....next thing you know, this hobby of collecting nice coins becomes an obsession.

Then, you start posting on message boards....oh wait, you're already hear!

gronnh20 likes this.
  4. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

I like your approach and though process. It should be fun to watch the set grow.

5. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Just wait until you HAVE to have a Lafayette Commemorative Dollar... Welcome to CT

Draft saved Draft deleted