A Little Help - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Histman, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Histman

Histman Too Many Coins, Not Enough Time!

So, I'm in need of a 1951 & 1952 Proof Set to round out my collection. I have a chance to get these coins below relatively cheap. However, my eyes must be getting really bad. I know the pictures aren't the greatest, but your opinion on whether these are proof coins or choice uncirculated, please.

s-l16001.jpg s-l16001.jpg s-l16002.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l16001.jpg s-l16002.jpg s-l1600.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

:facepalm: I thought that the General Discussion forum was for non coin related topics.. :bored:

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Indeed, but the coins appear to be 'proof' to me. You'd get a lot more opinions if this was posted in 'Coin chat' my friend......and you need to do something about the 'focus' thingy.......ain't gonna wash over there with these present photogs........you're gonna get a lot of monkeys flinging poo......

5. Histman

I was in a hurry before the sale ended. I must have pulled the trigger too quickly on the post. Any way to move my post to the proper place?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    paddyman98 likes this.
  6. Histman

I copied the photos from the poster, not my photos. Probably why I couldn't see it well for myself. :)

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Did you 'bite'?

8. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

As a young man I thought 1950's era proof sets were issued in the Capitol style holders. It still strikes me as odd to see a 50's are proof set not in a Capitol holder. Funny the things that sit with a fellow...... Yes, I say it is a safe bet these are proof sets.

9. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

There . . . I've flung the post to Coin Chat. Now, if only the OP could fling better photos, the poo-flinging might be averted, but I fear some intolerant-member-flinging is inevitable.

10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Looks like a really nice set.

11. Histman

Like I said above the photos I used came from the individual listing the item for sale, so I don't have any additional photos and have no way of making them better. Which, I think was probably the genesis of my question, since my eyes seem to be getting worse and worse the older I get. :) Nonetheless, thank you for moving it for me.

12. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

I understood, and chose my words carefully. That was why I wrote, "if only the OP could . . ." instead of, "if only the OP would . . . "

- Mike

Histman likes this.
  13. Histman

You know, the crappy camera set up I have might actually make them worse. :)

14. TONYBRONX

TONYBRONX Well-Known Member

Looks like proofs to me.

15. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Definitely proof coins

16. Histman

Thanks for the help folks.

Draft saved Draft deleted