A Guide to the Grading of US Coins 4th Edition (1964)

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by USS656, Aug 31, 2015.

1. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Picked this up at half price books today for $4. It's in great condition for a book that is 51 years old. Has nice illustrations for high points and expected wear in grade on all circulated US coins. I think it will be a handy new book that covers a topic the red book doesn't. :)

20150831_184500.jpg

KoinJester, NSP, gronnh20 and 5 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. onecenter

onecenter Member

An old classic. I have the fifth edition in my library. It was one of the very few grading books on any level back in those days.

4. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

a great classic score.. its a bit outta date but its good , if you read the newer grading books you will beable to trace the root idealisms behind certain advancements in the hobby.

5. Silverstackingpro

Silverstackingpro New Member

Nice book! I wonder what a cc Morgan was going for back then given people were buying bank bags of Morgans at face

6. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Nice! I found a 3rd edition at FUN a couple of years ago, and picked it up for curiousity's sake. Obviously, we've evolved a bit from then, but the basics are more-or-less the same.

For a modern take on grading, take a look at my book if you do't have it yet (linked in my signature).

Draft saved Draft deleted