A Green Pheasant is not a Phoenix

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by satootoko, Apr 17, 2007.

1. satootoko

satootoko Retired

Phoenix my friend, it just dawned on me that you wanted to use my Japanese gold coin as an avatar because you thought it depicted a phoenix!

Sorry pal, but the Japanese Green Pheasant is a real bird, not a mythical one.

Despite the strong resemblance, [​IMG] and [​IMG] are not the same bird. In fact,

[​IMG] is simply a highly stylized rendition of [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. justforthis06

justforthis06 New Member

I'm not sure I get the point of this post. He wanted to use your coin as his avatar because he thought it looked like a phoenix...You dont have to flame him just because its not.

4. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Why would think he is flaming him at all ? I would read that post as being informative and that's it.

5. satootoko

satootoko Retired

For pete sake, where on earth do you see any flaming?

He asked to use the picture, and I later realized that he may have been among the vast majority of the earth''s population who are not familiar with the basis of it's design. My post was intended as a statement of facts, and I'm sure that he, and most other forum members, will realize that.

6. DJCoinz

DJCoinz Majored in Morganology

Roy wasn't flaming, just informing.

7. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

"Roy is not a flamer". He is a happy married man who just happens to know his birds as well as his coins.

8. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

:confused: Thanks, but I don't see where he is flaming me. He is simply pointing something out that I missed. I took it as giving me a heads up. Thanks though!
    Thanks, that is how I took it. Don't worry, thanks for informing me. Lol, it does have a strong resemblance. My mistake. I'll still keep it though for a little while, I really like it. If that is okay with you that is. Thanks for the heads up. :thumb:

Phoenix :cool:

9. helpmeplease

helpmeplease Senior Member

i think this phoenix is beter looking

Attached Files:

10. Slu

Slu Senior Member

Quoted for truth.

11. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Wasn't the Japanese pheasant the symbol for Japan Airways? I know that there is a bird depicted on the Japanese silver 100 Yen coins.

Aidan.

12. DJCoinz

DJCoinz Majored in Morganology

I'm betting my Mom wouldn't think so. :goofer:

13. justforthis06

justforthis06 New Member

Sorry, it just seemed to me like he was rubbing it in your face...like when you were in school and you or somebody else answered a question wrong and they pick on you and rub it in your face all day because you answered a question wrong.

14. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

wow .. all this from using a chicken as an avatar lol -- me tinks Roy gets alot of flak ... However .. i did think the yellow flaming chicken as a representation of a burned out pheonix... so Roy.. thatnks for the informational post.. i would not have known otherwise it was really a dinner waiting to be cooked :)

15. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Nope, no flames at all... And some nice chicken pictures, makes me want to go hunting :)

16. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

hmm hunting... but not chickens ... lol

17. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Upland hunting... pheasants are chickens in my book, :D

18. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

That's okay. All's cool. :) I know Roy isn't the type that would do that though. And thanks Bone and Dagger, now you guys are making me [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Phoenix :cool:

19. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

now THEMs the types of chickens i can sink my teeth into ... season coming none too quick lol

20. zaneman

zaneman Former Moderator

Wow! I was under the impression that it was certainly a phoenix. The tail feathers to me look like they are englufed in flames.

Draft saved Draft deleted