A GREAT time at my local bank

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by ace71499, Dec 24, 2017.

1. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Hey guys,
    Oh how I love my local wells Fargo. Keep in mind, I don't even have an account here, and they treat my as if I am a high balance account owner. They know what I'm coming in for, and if they don't have anything for me they don't even bother making me wait in line. All on a first name basis. I truly appreciate them. Recently I picked up a bunch of silver from them, as you can read in the CRH sticky forum. This thread is about however what I saw when one of the tellers was getting a halves for me. I saw in her tray she had a red seal 2 dollar bill. I asked her if she was saving it for herself, and she said no, why do you collect them. I said yes, and said I would take whatever red seals she had. So she looked through all of her bills (I was under the impression it was a solid stack of red seals) and picked all of them out for me. I ended up with 27 red seals, 2 of which were star notes. I was elated, even though they are not the best condition.
    20171224_174358.jpg 20171224_174418.jpg
    Too bad about the nasty tear in the 1928, that may have been worth something.
    I gave them a nice bucket of chocolate covered pretzels because they're awesome.
    Good luck to all you searches!
    Jason

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    -jeffB, AllCoExpat, heuvy31 and 18 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Dang, that's quite the score!

spirityoda, ace71499 and Amos 811 like this.
  4. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

Keep the tellers happy and on your side and they do not care if you have an account. I take a local coffee shop's goodies to 4 different banks in town, without an account, to keep my craving for coin rolls filled.

ace71499 likes this.
  5. Youngcoin

Youngcoin Everything Collector

Wow :D that's Amazing, I love red seals but still have to get one :p and a blue :p I just found my oldest bill today in my brothers change, a 1985 $10 bill, I gave him $10 for it. :D

Thanks,
    Jacob

NOS likes this.
  6. JobIII

JobIII Active Member

Wow. Beyond super jealous. congrats and best of luck with finds in the new year!!!

~JobIII

7. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Draft saved Draft deleted