A good start

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Silverhouse, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

To a brand new collection. Part of losing is gaining. I recently lost darn near everything I owned, and to make a long story short, my stepdad gave me some money to help replace things I lost. I had previously told him I was a coin collector and had to sell all but a few coins in my collection. He said I could use some of the money he gave me to start to rebuild my collection. I found a used Dansco 7070 for 25.00, I got a 1915 S Barber Quarter. 1895 P Toned details graffiti. Barber quarter, both for 30. I didn't notice the scratch in Liberty's face at the shop, but for the price and condition, I knew something was wrong with it. But that's okay, that coin went into my daughtera 20th century type set. The 7070 is my collection. It will keep me busy for quite sometime.
    I also managed to pick up a 1915 S VG/F Barber half dollar for 35.00. The 7070 came with a 1937 S what looks to be a high AU or low UNC wheat cent. It has high mirrors, but I suspect it's been polished in the past though I can't see any clear signs of cleaning. Maybe some of you could weigh in. Here are some pics for my 70, save the 1895 P Barber. The 1965 Jefferson looks to be an SMS. That also came with the 7070 I purchased. It's one of the better SMS nickels I've seen.

Attached Files:

Kentucky, Nathan401, wxcoin and 5 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you lost so much, but happy to hear you're getting back on your feet. A few nice Cherrypicked varieties can speed that up. Be sure to research your new purchases, because you never know what you might actually find!

4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I like the 15-S half the most. Nice problem free coin.

5. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

Thanks. I know they are hard to come by, especially the halves.

6. Bud1 Wilson

Bud1 Wilson Well-Known Member

Real sorry to hear of your finance problems, coming back from a hard hit is tough and sometimes nearly impossible, though it looks like you are doing a good job of recovery. Before you know it you may even be able to laugh about it.:happy:

Silverhouse likes this.
  7. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Glad to hear you’re getting back on your feet and collecting again. Good pickups in the barbers wishing you continued good luck

8. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

9 on 65 nickle looks funny

Draft saved Draft deleted