A Future Dime

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Lawrence Hickman, Mar 26, 2019.

?

any information on this dime

1. where to take it

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. what to do with it

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lawrence Hickman

Lawrence Hickman New Member

got this dime in pocket change never seen one like it.....any suggestions what to do with it

Attached Files:

love old coins likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Damaged. Spend it!

Chris

4. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

A 2066?
    Damaged after it left the mint. No extra value, sorry.

5. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

That one actually looks pretty good regardless, at least in the photo. If you like it, keep it. :)

ddddd, Kentucky and Paul M. like this.
  6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

If it read 1066 you'd have something there.......

Kentucky likes this.
  7. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Look as if someone was practicing their doctoring skills . You can see where the 0 0 was cut to make a 6 6.
    Sure glad they aren't my surgeon...:wideyed:

8. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

I respect President Roosevelt as much as anyone, but I hope that by 47 years from now, the design of the dime will be different.

Paddy54 and Razz like this.
  9. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Dyslectic? 74 years?

10. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

No. The OP coin is supposedly dated 2066, which is 47 years from now.

Paddy54 likes this.
  11. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Oh I was thinking 1946 was first year of the Roosie dime and that was 74 years ago..:D which is probably 47 years longer than it should be...:)

Roman Collector likes this.
  12. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

All of the circulating coins have had one or more design changes since 1946 except the dime.
    Some permanent. Some temporary.

I think it's time for the dime to do the same.

Rich Buck and Roman Collector like this.
  13. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The first 0 took s hit and pushed some of the metal up forming what looks like a 6. It's damaged and worth ten cents.

14. Paddy54

I like to see a complete change from cent to 50 cent,and since the half dollar truly isn't used in a retail setting any longer it could be done away with all together!
    Yes correct.... I said do away with the fifty cent piece....the money spent. To mint these could be put to better use....
    And the stock pile of dollar need be reintroduced and the paper dollar be deleted. Again for the money spent printing.
    As a collector I cringe saying this....but as a realist it makes sense.
    The feds are sitting on tens of thousands dollar coins not being used yet still mint more.
    This reminds me of the late 70's the goverment in it wisdom paid dairy farmers to produce cheese....to the sum that it was cheaper to give it away to lower income citizens than store the cheese.
    It was costing the feds millions of storage fees to store over produced cheese.
    Then they reversed the mistake and paid farmers not to produce dairy products.
    As a collector do I like these ideas no not really...but from a business point of view it just a waste of money do produce more of something that you all ready are loosing money on,in storage.
    Our neighbors to the north has done so as well many other world nations ......

Rich Buck likes this.
  15. Paddy54

Look closer both 0 's were tooled that way

Rich Buck likes this.
  16. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

Definitely an altered coin- spend it, or keep it as a novelty. Someone must have turned it into a "futuristic" coin for some kind of a prank.

17. Legomaster1

Legomaster1 Cointalk Patron

With inflation like it is, we probably won't have dimes in 50 years. However, maybe the govt. will begin printing the $500 note again around that time...

18. Rich Buck

Rich Buck Yukon Cornelius

Fun coin to find. I sure hope they aren't still minting Rosies in 2066. Mercury can come back now as far as I'm concerned.

COCollector and ddddd like this.
  19. Sholom

Sholom retired...

I would keep it, too. It's pretty cool, and, to the unaided eye, looks like a pretty decent 2066 dime. Nice conversation piece. (I'd pay a quarter for it!)

ddddd and Legomaster1 like this.
  20. Sholom

Sholom retired...

I would keep it, too. It's pretty cool, and, to the unaided eye, looks like a pretty decent 2066 dime. Nice conversation piece. (I'd pay a quarter for it!)

21. Sholom

Sholom retired...

OTOH, we still have one-cent pieces (which costs how much to make these days...?)

Draft saved Draft deleted