A final proudct

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by brandon spiegel, Nov 27, 2015.

1. brandon spiegel

brandon spiegel Brandon Spiegel

Hello, my name is brandon and I am a Junior in high school and doing an independent research course to bring my passion for numismatics from a hobby into a business perspective. I am hoping to have a product that is going to help others get started in coins but I do not know exactly what I am going to include in the product. All i know is that I would like to sell it to a more mainstream market, I would like to sell it online, and I would like to have coins, information, and supplies. It would be greatly beneficial to my research if I could have a short interview over this forum with some of y'all. Thank you!

*coins likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Vegas Vic

Vegas Vic Undermedicated psychiatric patient

Didn't we just do this?

*coins, paddyman98 and spirityoda like this.
  4. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

My thought exactly.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Write a book..........Coin Collecting for Dummies

Chris

Daniel Jones likes this.
  6. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

LOL

Daniel Jones likes this.
  7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Reminds me of the famous saying in the old Beverly Hillbillies show "y'all come back now, ya hear" ;)

brandon spiegel and Daniel Jones like this.
  8. littlehugger

littlehugger Active Member

Brandon, at your age, knowledge is power. Get a subscription to Coinage, read it, check out the ads for real world pricing. Study at the library, buy what reference books you need. Start with general stuff, such as books of world coins, US coins, etc, and specialize as you learn and become interested.
    To the best of my knowledge, there is no place you can go to buy up stock for a coin shop, although you can buy in bulk, in bags, rolls, etc.
    Another bit of advice, is to center your business around your favorite type or types of coins. You will always be more knowledgeable and eager that way.
    Join a club, the ANA, go to shows, symposiums, etc.
    Take advantage of your age and status now. As a young student, you are not faced with rent, mortgage, kids, wife, insurance, car payments etc, and the mind numbing drudgery of a job that eats the heart out of your life for the next 40 years!
    Buy a metal detector and find a couple or three fabulous lost treasures to fund your project. Expect to be sued by swindlers, government and the Spanish government if you actually find anything. I think metal detecting, given the same input of effort, has about a roughly equal chance of a high level of success as coin dealing.

9. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

Maybe not nice, but very funny! Ha, ha, ha!!!

10. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

Already done...

Screenshot_2015-11-27-10-21-06.png

*coins, charlietig and paddyman98 like this.
  11. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

12. brandon spiegel

Yes sir, I did, I greatly appreciate all of the help from that thread it proved to be extremely useful. I am posting this new thread because sense then I have taken a different direction in my research. I am sorry if this sounds redudant.

13. brandon spiegel

Awesome! thank you so much for the information I greatly appreciate it. Have you ever metal detected before?

14. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

this man knows what he's talking about :sorry:

Draft saved Draft deleted