A Final proudct Poll

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by brandon spiegel, Nov 27, 2015.

?

How often does someone ask you:How I get started in coins.

Poll closed Jan 1, 2016.
  1. mutiple times a day

8.3%
  2. about every day

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. almost every day

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. once every few days

8.3%
  5. abour once a week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. about once every few weeks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. about once a month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. about once every couple of months

8.3%
  9. about once every few months

41.7%
  10. other (please explain below)

33.3%
  1. brandon spiegel

brandon spiegel Brandon Spiegel

Hello, this is an extension to my final product thread;I have a quick poll that I would greatly appreciate if y'all would answer it as it would be extremely beneficial to my research. In addition It would be greatly appreciated, if you are a dealer to let me know if it is common for someone to walk into your shop to ask about getting started in coins in the discussion portion below. Thank you!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

About 2 out of every 3 people ask me how I got started. I don't get into what I have, I talk about everyday change. LOL.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Other than for threads on Coin Talk, almost no one asks me how I got started. My collection is a private matter for two reasons: 1. Noncollectors aren't interested and 2. I want to keep thieves out of my house.

5. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Same here, and 9 times out of 10, I tell them before they ask me... which is rare

derkerlegand likes this.
  6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Usually, it's other collectors who ask how we got started, and they're all right here. The problem is that they want to tell everyone how they got started, but they don't want to search the archives for the dozens of similar threads that are already here.

Chris

Daniel Jones likes this.
  7. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

add me to this list

8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Same here! Only my kids and my girlfriend know I collect coins.
    I live in a bad neighborhood :yack:
    (and my ex-wife shall never ever know ;))

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    Amos 811 likes this.
  9. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Many people that know me don't know I collect and deal in coins. Some friends do. People here do and anyone that sees me set up at a coin show So I get asked by people that know I do coins. But not by everyone else

10. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Most people not into coins...

A) Don't really care
    Or
    B) Assume it's such a hard hobby to get into that needs a huge amount of specific knowledge to even attempt they don't even ask as to not get their "ear talked off" about a subject they couldn't care less about (see A)

Believe it or not most people don't automatically think actual gold & silver when they think about a coin collector which, as a bonus, is why we can still find silver at banks today :)

11. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you live in a bad neighborhood. You should move to Isanti MN where I plan on moving to soon where the neighborhood is A+++!!! Then, we can talk about our coins all day long without worrying about thieves stealing them.

paddyman98 likes this.
  12. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

"none of the above"

13. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

whats the difference between every few months and every coupe of months? Where is the option for once a year, once every few years, and once every couple years?

Draft saved Draft deleted