A few tougher date/variety Seated Halves

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by C-B-D, May 4, 2015.

1. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Just got these back (in the correct holders) from PCGS. I have NO IDEA what the Doubled Die Reverse is worth, but it is apparently the only one in any grade certified by PCGS! I should have asked for True View images, then I would have had the plate coin on PCGS Coin Facts!
    $_57a.jpg $_57b.jpg $_57c.jpg $_57d.jpg $_57e.jpg $_57f.jpg $_57g.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Nice pieces, nice variety

C-B-D likes this.
  4. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

No, you have the only one attributed as WB-102. The 1867-S WB-102 die marriage, while certainly not common is not all that rare, either. There are several in PCGS holders--just not attributed as such.

A lot of this comes from the fact that for most of PCGS's existence they didn't offer WB attributions. Others come simply from submitters simply not asking (paying) for attribution.

5. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Do you know how many are unattributed? And when you say it is "not that rare," what do you base it on? Just curious. Thanks for the help!

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Still it is the only one certified as such by PCGS.

Paddy54 likes this.
  7. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

Unattributed in general? Overall, it is rated as an R-3 (201 to 500 known examples)...or only those in PCGS plastic? In that case I can't give you an exact number, but I can say that it is common enough to usually not carry a premium.

Note: I am NOT running down your coin. It looks to be a very nice example of a post war San Francisco half.

OTOH, I REALLY like your new 1870.

8. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Yeah I thought the 1870 had a shot at AU50, but the luster is very muted. It certainly has the detail, though.

medjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted